This fritters are prepared with leftover dosa batter. It’s a nice transition to the usual idly and dosa. They are quick, easy to make, deep-fried, finger licking savory that goes good for evening snack to munch with a hot cup of tea.
3/4 Cup of Dosa Batter
1.5 Tbsp of Sooji
2 Tsp of Jeera/Cumin
1 Tsp of Grated Ginger
1 Green Chilly
1/4 Cup of Chopped Onion
Few Curry Leaves
Pinch of Baking Soda
Salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
- Combine all the above ingredients except oil. Mix well. Leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Once the oil gets hot, reduce the flame to medium.
- Place a tablespoon of batter into the hot oil(you can use hand to drop small balls of the batter into the hot oil)
- Turn the fritters as they change color.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Hot crispy fritters are ready.
- Serve with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Use 2-3 days old dosa batter as it gives sour flavor to the fritters.
- Don’t add too much of water to dosa batter, it should be thick in consistency.
- To make fritter spicy, add pepper to the batter.