Taco salad is a Americanized Mexican food with a awesome snack appeal and can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its a healthy and tasty snack filled with tons of fiber and fresh veggies we all need. Its one of my favorite snack and is really very easy and fast to fix.
1 Cup or 1 Can of Boiled Refried Beans
2-3 Tbsp of Sharp Cheddar cheese
Bowl of corn chips
1 Big chopped Onion
1 Tbsp of Pickled Jalapenos
2 Tbsp of Taco Sauce
1 Big Chopped Tomato
1 Serrano Chilly or Green Chilly
Handful of Cilantro/ Coriander Leaves,
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
A Dash of Salt
|Boiled Pinto Beans|
|A Pan with Oil and Pintobean Paste|
Make Frijoles refritos (Refried Beans)
- Make a coarse paste of boiled pinto beans in a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the pinto bean paste until it gets thick.
- Onion and Dry chilies can be added for flavor in hot oil before you add the bean paste.
- I add chipotles in adobo sauce for a smoky and spicy taste .
Make pico de gallo ( mexican salsa )
To a big bowl add one cup finely chopped onions, handful of chopped tomotoes, one jalapeno or serrano or any green chili ( chopped finely), finely chopped cilantro leaves, table spoon of lemon juice and a good dash of sea salt.
|Asssembling the Taco Salad in Bowl|
To a big microwable plate make a
- Bed of refried beans and add sharp cheddar cheese and Pickled Jalapenos.
- Microwave / Bake it for 1-2 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Add Pico de gallo (Mexican Salsa), Corn Chips, shredded ice berg/Roma lettuce, table spoon of guacamole, a dollop of sour cream and good spicy salsa . Now we call that good eats 🙂
I was out of guacamole , sour cream and lettuce and hence did not add them ..But it still satisfied my taste buds crying for some freshn tasty snack …
Health Benefits Of Pinto Beans
- Pinto beans, like most of the other beans, are rich in fibers that are known for lowering cholesterol.
- This beans are rich in molybdenum, folate, manganese, protein, vitamin B1 and minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and copper, which are highly beneficial to health.