Chow Chow Mor Kulambu Recipe / How to make More Kuzhambu
Mor means buttermilk and Kulambu means curry in tamil. Chow Chow mor kulambu recipe is a yummy, quick to make, traditional south Indian curry made with yogurt (curd) and coconut. Here in this recipe, I used chow chow (chayote squash), you can use use any vegetables of your choice like okra (vendakkai), bottle gourd (sorakkai), vellai possanikkai (ash gourd) or vadai (urad dal vada, masala vada or vazhaipoo vadai). This post was in my draft for long time, actually my mom made this mor kulambu when I was in my home last year. More kuzhambhu tastes great with rice and potato masiyal or potato fry or beans usili or eggplant fry.
- 2 Cups of Thick Curd
- ½ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion (Red)
- 1 Tomato (Small)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 Chow Chow (Chayote Squash)
- To Grind
- 2 Tbsp of Freshly Grated Coconut
- 1 Inch of Ginger
- 4 Small Garlic
- 2 Green Chilly (Big)
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- ½ Tsp of Coriander (dhaniya)
- To Soak
- 1 Tbsp of Rice
- 1 Tbsp of Toor Dal
- To Temper
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Red Chilly
- Few Curry Leaves
- In a bowl of water,soak both rice and toor dal for 20 mins.
- In a blender (mixie) jar, add all the ingredients mentioned under “to grind” list and add rice, dal and water, grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with water, boil the vegetable (chow chow) until it turns soft.
- Blend the curd in mixie (blender) to get smooth, runny consistency.
- In a bowl, add curd, turmeric powder, salt, ground paste, water, whisk well and add boiled chow chow (chayote squash). Mix well.
- Heat a pan, add all the ingredients listed under ” to temper” after mustard seeds pops up, add onion, fry until it turns golden brown. Add tomato, fry till soft.
- Add curd mixture, mix everything well and in a medium flame, heat it until it raise and frothy. DO NOT BOIL. Turn it off.
- Hot mor kulambu tastes great with rice and potato fry.
Add any vegetables of your choice.
Do not allow it to boil the kulambu. Turn it off after it turns frothy.
Use fresh or frozen coconut. Don’t use dry dessicated coconut.
Tags: mor kulambu, mor kulambu recipe, mor kulambu recipe in tamil, how to make mor kulambu recipe, prepare mor kulambu recipe, chow chow mor kulambu recipe, buttermilk kulambu, more kuzhambu recipe, Instant kulambu recipe, south indian curry, easy kulambu recipe for beginner, lunch recipe, bachelor kulambu recipe