Sigappu Arisi Innippu Kozhukattai Recipe / Red Rice Sweet Kozhukattai is a easy, healthy, delicious breakfast dish. Yesterday I posted sigappu arisi kara kozhukattai (savory kozhukattai) where I used red rice flour, coconut, red chilies and other spices. If you are a sweet lover like me 😛 , you will love this sweet kozhukattai, it has red rice flour, jaggery for sweetness, cardamom for flavor, ghee and nuts for taste. Pack this sweet Kozhukattai for kids snack box, they will love it. Try this red rice sweet kozhukattai and let me know how it turned out for you.
How to make sigappu arisi innippu kozhukattai / Red Rice Sweet Kozhukattai
- ½ Cup of Red Rice Flour (Puttu Maavu)
- ⅓ Cup Jaggery
- 2 Cardamom, Crushed
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Coconut
- Pinch of Salt
- Few Ghee Roasted Cashews
- 1 Tsp of Ghee
- Water as needed
- In a bowl, take red rice puttu maavu, ghee, crushed cardamom, cashews, salt and grated coconut. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with water and jaggery, boil it for few mins or until it melts. Add the melted jaggery to the flour bowl. Leave it for 5 mins. Now the flour will absorb all the jaggery syrup.
- Mix well with hand to form smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equally sized balls.
- Steam this balls in a idly pan for 10 mins.
- Hot, delicious sigappu arisi innippu kozhukattai is ready. Garnish with cashews and serve.
Adding ghee gives a nice flavor.
Garnish with any nuts of your choice.
You can also use store bought white rice flour.
Tags: Sigappu Arisi innippu Kozhukattai , Red Rice sweet kozhukattai, sweet kozhukattai seivathu eppadi, how to make sigappu arisi sweet kozhukattai, sweet sigappu arisi pidi kozhukattai, sweet red rice kozhukattai, Sweet kozhukattai recipe, kozhukattai recipe for vinayagar chaturthi, sigappu arisi kozhukattai, red rice kozhukattai, puttu maavu kozhukattai, prepare sigappu arisi sweet kozhukattai, sigappu arisi innippu kozhukattai recipe. red rice sweet kozhukattai recipe