Chocolate Coconut Modak Recipe is an easy, interesting and yummy modak. I went to walmart yesterday for weekly grocery shopping and I bought almond joy chocolate. Yumm 😛 I love almond joy, every bite was heavenly in taste. Today when I was eating almond joy in the morning and thinking for a different unique modak recipe than usual one for a new post, my brain says wait a minute, you got the filling idea. Yes, this modak filling is going to taste like almond joy. To replicate that, I made the modak with rice flour covering and for filling, I used choco chips, almonds, ghee and coconut. You can make this easy, addictive, delicious chocolate modak for kids for upcoming ganesh chaturthi and enjoy. If you try my recipe, let me know in comment box how it turned out for you.
Also check my other kozhukattai recipes
How to make Chocolate Coconut Modak Recipe
- ⅓ Cup of Rice Flour
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp of Ghee / Oil
- For Filling
- ¼ Cup of Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup of Grated Coconut
- 7 Almonds, Chopped
- 2 Tsp of Powdered Sugar or Condensed Milk
- 1 Tsp of Ghee / Butter
- For the outer covering dough, bring the water to boil along with ghee. In a bowl, add flour and salt, Add water slowly and keep mixing with spatula.
- Let it cool it for 2 mins, it will be warm by now, start kneading to form a smooth dough. Keep covered to prevent from drying.
- For filling, take a bowl and melt the chocolate chips in microwave for 30 secs. To that, add coconut, chopped almonds, sugar and ghee or butter.
- Make a equally sized balls out of the dough. Grease your hand with oil, take a ball and flatten it with your hand. Add a tsp of filling in the centre. Fold it and seal it in the centre. Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Steam the modak in a idly pan or steamer for 10 mins.
- Hot, delicious Chocolate Coconut Modak is ready to serve.
Boil water well, so that you get soft and non sticky dough.
If kozhukattai looks shiny after steaming, it means they are done. Do not over cook it for long time.
Make thin outer layers of the dough so that the kozhukattai are soft and gets cooked easily.
tags: Chocolate modak, chocolate modak recipe, how to make chocolate modak recipe at home, prepare chocolate modak, chocolate filling modak, modak recipe ideas, modak variety, easy modak recipe, chocolate kozhukattai, chocolate modhagam, prepare sweet kozhukattai recipes, ganesh chaturthirecipes, vinayagar chaturthi recipes. pillaiyar chaturthi recipes, vinayagar chaturthi tamil recipes 2015