During evening time, I love to munch seedai especially the store-bought seedai from Ananda Bhavan and Grand Snacks. Few months back, I tried traditional uppu seedai recipe, it was a big flop. So thought of making easy maida seedai with step by step pics for upcoming gokulashtami (Krishna jayanthi) and I got recipe from here. This maida seedai is very easy to make recipe, also delicious in taste.
If you are scared to make seedai like me, then do try this no burst seedai using maida. Even beginner can try this maida seedai for krishna jayanthi or diwali.
Preparation Time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins Serves :4
Ingredients For Maida Seedai
- 2 Cups of Maida (All purpose Flour)
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Cumin (jeera)
- 1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Coconut
- 1 Tsp of Coconut Oil
- Salt and water as needed
- Oil to deep Fry
- In a clean white cloth, add maida flour and make a bag, steam it by keeping over the idli plate for 15 mins. Once it done, let it cool down, then crumble it with your hands. Grind it in mixie to nice powder , this step is followed to avoid lumps.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and other ingredients except oil. Use water and form a smooth dough and non sticky.
- Roll it into balls out of the dough. Repeat the procedure till the entire dough gets completely over.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, drop the balls slowly, fry this in medium flame for 10 mins till it turns golden colour. Warning : Be at a safe distance while frying. Drain then in a paper towel. Continue the deep-frying for the rest of the seedai.
- Let it cool down and store it in an airtight container.
- Always cook seedai in medium flame.
- Coconut oil adds a nice flavour to this seedai.
- For proper cooking, make smaller balls than bigger one, because it won’t cook on inside.
- After you take out seedai from oil, it wil be soft, once cooled down, it becomes crispy.
- Cool completely before storing.
Tags : maida seedai,maida seedai recipe,easy seedai recipe for gokulashtami,easy maida uppu seedai,easy seedai recipe,no burst seedai,easy gokulashtami recipes,quick seedai recipe for gokulashtami,krishna jayanthi recipes,krishnar jayanthi recipes,seedai recipes for gokulashtami,how to make seedai without bursting,prepare seedai at home,uppu seedai recipeby