Rava ladoo / Rava Laddu Recipe is a delicious Indian sweet made using semolina, sugar, coconut and ghee. Every year my mom used to make this rava ladoo for diwali. She makes the perfect rava laddu recipe using chiroti rava, it just melts in the mouth. Since I don’t get that rava in my place, I made with normal rava which we use for upma. With just household ingredients, you can make this rava ladoo in a very less time. Do try this rava laddu recipe (Semolina Balls) to your family for diwali and enjoy :-):-)
Makes : 7 Ladoos
Ingredients for rava ladoo
- 3/4 Cup of Rava / Sooji / Semolina
- 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut (Fresh/Dry)
- 1/2 Cup of Milk or 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Whole Cardamom
- Few Roasted Cashews and Almonds
- 3 Tbsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Method for rava laddu recipe
- Heat a pan with ghee, add rava, roast it in a low flame until nice aroma comes and color changes. Keep stirring continuously, do not burn it while roasting. Let it cool down and grind it in a mixie(blender) to a fine powder. Also grind the sugar along with cardamom(elaichi).
- Transfer both the powdered sugar and roasted rava to a large bowl. Heat a pan, slightly roast the coconut for a min and transfer this to a bowl.Heat ghee in a pan and pour it to the bowl. Add some roasted cashews and almonds.
- Heat milk in a pan in a medium flame, sprinkle the milk and mix it. Make small size balls out of the mixture. If you find your mixture is dry, sprinkle some more warm milk and make rava balls.
- After it cool down, store it in an airtight container.
- Always roast the rava in medium flame, otherwise it would burn and become tasteless.
- Adding milk reduces shelf life so if you want to keep it for long time, add more ghee and avoid milk and coconut.
- Always store it in an airtight container.
- Instead of milk, you can use mix of water and milk.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- You can add saffron, that will give you colorful ladoo.
Technorati Tags: Rava ladoo,rava laddu,diwali sweets,Indian Sweet recipes, rava urundai,sooji ladoo, rava kesari,rava kesari recipe,how to make rava kesari,rava kesari with milk,easy rava kesari,easy rava kesari recipe,rava kesari quick and easy way,prepare rava kesari,how to make rava kesari sweet,how to make rava kesari sweet in tamil,how to make rava kesari bath,gokulashtami recipes,krishna jayanthi recipes