Chaats are Indian snack, which are so addictive. There are so many varities of chaat can be made. One among them is Peanuts chaat, they are yummy snack made with peanuts, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. In India, you can see this kind of chaat in beach stalls, street side stalls and food cart, sold in cones made of newspaper. This peanut chaat is delicious, rich in protein and low in fat. This can be served as an evening snack. Also check the recipe for boiled peanuts.
1 Cup of Boiled Peanuts
1 Medium Size Carrot, Grated
1 Medium Size Red Onion, Chopped
1/2 Cup of Cucumber, Diced
1 Medium Size Tomato, Chopped
1 Green Onion (Spring Onion), Chopped
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp of Chaat Masala
Pinch of Black Salt
Coriander Leaves (Cilantro), Finely Chopped
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add boiled peanuts, chopped onion, chopped tomato, diced cucumber, black pepper, chaat masala, lemon juice, black salt and salt. Toss well with a spoon.
- Finally garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, grated carrot and chopped green onion.
- If you don’t have chaat masala, just add salt and pepper.
- You can add chopped green chillies and red chilly powder to this snack for more spicy taste.
- Add any vegetables or fruits of your choice like grated beetroot or cabbage or mango.
- Be careful while adding salt because boiled peanuts has already salt in it.