It’s raining in my place. So I made carrot and potato soup, it came out really creamy and delicious. Vegetable soups are a healthy and comforting food to include in your diet. This thick carrot soup is very easy to make, it has got bright orange color and a hint of exotic smell. Adding smoked paprika and Italian seasoning gives a nice spark to this potato soup. Try this carrot and potato winter soup and let me know your feedback.
1 Large Size Red Potato, Finely Chopped
2 Medium Size Carrot, Finely Chopped
1 Large Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
4 Mushrooms, Finely Chopped
1/4 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
Pinch of Smoked Paprika (Opt)
1/2 Cup of Milk
3 Cups of Vegetable Broth or Water
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Green Onion, Finely Chopped
Dollop of Sour cream or yogurt
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add onion and garlic, saute this for 2 mins.
- Add carrots, potato, mushroom, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, saute this for 2 mins.
- Add required amount of water, bring it to rolling boil, then simmer it for 15 mins in medium-low flame until vegetables are tender.
- Add milk, cook it for 2mins and turn off the flame.
- Carefully transfer carrot-potato mixture to a blender or food processor. Take 2 tbsp of carrot- potato mixture, keep this aside in a separate bowl.
- Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve this in a soup bowl along with 2 tbsp of carrot-potato pieces, garnish it with chopped green onions and sour cream or yogurt at the top.
- Enjoy this hot soup with crackers on a rainy day.
- If you eat meat, then you can add beef pieces to it.
- You can use butter instead of olive oil.
- Adding smoked paprika is optional, it gives a smokey flavor to the soup.
- You can use chicken broth or vegetable broth to the soup instead of water.
- You can add any kind of cheese to this soup.