“Blueberry ” is a magical fruit which is getting popular because of its nutritional benefits like whittle away the belly fat, high in antioxidant levels, slow down the aging process and boost the immune system. So stock your kitchen with these tiny little blue gem and include in your part of your diet. You can make many dishes with blueberry like pancakes, muffins and healthy bars. In this recipe, yogurt gives a nice kick and softness to the muffins. For breakfast or snack, nothing can beat blueberry muffins. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
1 and 1/2 Cups of Maida/ All purpose flour
3/4 Cup of Blueberry
3/4 Cup of Blueberry
1 Cup of yogurt or Thick Curd
3/4 – 1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
1 and 1/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Cup of Cooking oil
1 and 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
1 Tbsp of Milk for brushing the top.
- In a bowl, add sugar and yogurt, wait until all sugar completely dissolves. Now add baking powder, baking soda to the sugar-curd mixture and stir well.
- Keep it aside for 3 – 5 mins and you can able to see the bubbles appears at the top. Now add the vanilla essence, cooking oil and stir well.
- Add maida, slowly to the sugar – yogurt mixture. Beat well with a whisk or forks until it turns thick and creamy. Add blueberries to the batter and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F for 10mins. Meanwhile place the muffin liners in the muffin pan and pour the batter to the muffin liners in the muffin pan and keep it ready.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degree F for 10 mins, then reduce the temperature to 350 deg F and bake it for 30-35 mins. Check it by inserting fork or tooth prick in the center of the muffin, if it comes out clean, then your muffin is ready.
- Just brush the top of the muffin with 1 tbsp milk, 10mins before the ending time to get a nice polishing glaze.
- Allow the muffin to cool down for 10mins, then carefully take it out from the pan and enjoy !!!!
- Don’t keep the batter to sit for long time after mixing, as baking soda reacts faster and makes your muffin harder.
- If you don’t have muffin liner, just grease the pan with some oil.
- You can add cranberry or any other fruits by following the same recipe.
Health Benefits of Blueberry
- Highest anti-oxidant content of all fresh fruits.
- Aids in reducing belly fat.
- High in vitamin C and anthocyanin content, which gives blue color to the fruit.
- Good for urinary tract health, vision and brain health.
- Slow the aging process.
- Boost your immune system.
yummy looking muffins dear 🙂
Moist muffins with blueberrys on every bite sounds absolutely amazing.Nice bakelicious recipe gaythri…:)
The muffins looks so inviting Gayathri. They are perfectly moist. I wish I could grab one right off the screen!
love blueberries anyway and of course in muffin. like the yogurt blending part. nice clicks
Delicious blueberry muffins looks yumm.
Good combination of curd and blueberry… Adding a grated lemon zest increases its flavor…
Delicious blueberry muffins .loves it
Am following u .Glad if u will follow me back.
Muffins look really yummy!! Wonderful clicks!! 🙂
Awesome, the berries brings on taste and an attractive color. I am admiring the moisture as its obvious on top of the cake.
My favorites.. Looks yum 🙂
Nice yummy delicious muffins dear,
Iam happily following you
Looks awesome Gayathri… Thanks for sharing 🙂
Hi would like to try this cupcake but where to get the blueberry
Comments are closed.