This rice is the combination of corn and capsicum, both are delicious vegetables , rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. This flavorful rice is a one pot meal , great to pack for lunch box. Good accompanient for this rice is raita or appalam or potato chips.
2/3 Cup of Cooked Rice
2 Green Capsicum or Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup of Corn, Frozen
1 Large Onion, Finely chopped
2 Medium Size Tomatoes, Finely chopped
1 Green Chilly , Finely chopped
1 Tsp of Ginger – Garlic Paste
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
2 Tsp of Sambhar Powder
1 Tsp of Garam Masala Powder
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro / Coriander Leaves
Salt as needed
2-3 Tsp of Oil / Ghee
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Urad Dal
Few Sprig of Curry leaves
- Wash and soak rice in water for 30 mins. Drain the water completely. In a pressure cooker, cook the rice by adding 2 Cups of water for 3 whistles. Once it done, switch off the stove.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, after they sizzle, add chopped onion, green chilly and salt, fry for 2 mins until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute this for a min until raw smell vanishes.
- In a medium flame, add turmeric powder, sambhar powder and garam masala, saute this for another 1 min.
- Add chopped tomatoes, saute well with masala until oil separates.
- Add chopped green capsicum and frozen corn, saute well with the masala, just sprinkle little water and cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 mins. Don’t overcook the vegetables as it loses the nutrients.
- Check the salt and switch off the stove.
- Gently mix the veggie and the boiled rice. You can add some little butter or ghee at this stage, gives a nice flavor.
- Finally garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- Hot capsicum corn rice is ready.
- Serve hot with raita or potato chips.
- You can use red or yellow capsicum instead of green.
- You can use garlic cloves instead of ginger garlic paste.
- Adjust spicy taste according to your taste buds.
Health Benefits of corn and capsicum
- Bell peppers/ capsicum rich in vitamin A, C
- Both are rich in dietary fiber.
- Bell peppers and corn are loaded with antioxidants.
- Corn rich in folic acid.
- Corn controls diabetes. reduces hemorrhoids and colorectal cancer
sending this recipe to spring blog hop