Apple Bruschetta is a antipasto recipe. Antipasto means “before a meal” This recipe is simple, sweet and delicious consists of sweet apple combined with goat cheese serves on top of the bread makes a good appetizer.
1 Chopped Apple
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1/4 Cup of Chopped Onion
1 or 2 Sage Leaves
3 Tbsp of Balsamic or Red wine vinaigrette.
3 Tbsp of Goat Cheese
1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread or Baguette lightly toasted
1 Tbsp of Honey
A Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Place diced apple in a medium size bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sage leaves, chopped onions and saute until it turns transparent. Add salt and pepper.
- Now add vinaigrette to a pan and cook in low heat until it reduced to 1 tbsp.Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the onion to a bowl containing diced apple and toss gently.
- To assemble the bruschetta, spread goat cheese on toasted bread slice then add onions and apple.
- Finally drizzle with 1 tbsp of Honey and enjoy !!!
- Combination of Apple, goat cheese and vinaigrette was amazing.
- There is no need to remove apple skin.
- You can use peach instead of apple.
Health Benefits of Apple Bruschetta
- Phytonutrients in apples helps to regulate the blood sugar level.
- Rich in Vitamin B and C
- Apple Prevents Cancer and Parkinson disease.
- Lower in fat and calories.
- Rich in calcium and protein.
- Healthy alternative to cream cheese.
- Good for your brain.
SENDING THIS RECIPE TO MEATLESS MONDAY