It has been one month since I started my blog, in order to celebrate I baked this eggless dates walnut cake. This is a delicious, egg free, easy to make cake recipe. Adding dates gives color to the cake, adding walnuts and Brazil nut gives extra nutrition and crunch to the cake. Beginners can try out this eggless dates cake recipe as it was easy and nothing will go wrong.
Ingredients for eggless dates walnut cake
1/2 Cup of Maida
10 Chopped Walnuts
2 Chopped Brazil Nuts
1/2 Cup of Milk
3 Tbsp of Oil
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
Method for eggless dates walnut cake
- Take a bowl and add 1/4 Cup of Milk and dates. Soak dates in milk for 15 mins or microwave it for 1 Min.
- Now grind soaked dates and sugar to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Take another bowl and add 1/4 cup of milk, oil, dates paste, chopped walnuts, brazilnuts, maida and baking soda. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease pan or ramekin with oil and little flour. Add the prepared batter to it. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts at the top.
- Bake it for 35 mins. Check it by inserting tooth prick if it comes out clean then your cake is done properly.
- Cool down the cake for 30 mins and then invert it and cut into desired shape and enjoy !!!!!!
- Adding oil makes the cake moist and yummy.
- You can also add cashews or almonds to the cake.
- For extra flavor, add condensed milk.
- The color of the cake depends on the quality of dates.