An easy-to-prepare comfort food, grilled cheese sandwich have been enjoyed since ancient Roman days. It’s a basic breakfast sandwich made generally with one or more varieties of cheese on any sort of bread.
- 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 Tbsp of Butter/ Ghee
- 4 Tbsp of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- A Dash of salt and Pepper
|Put cheddar cheese on one side of bread|
|Grill the bread on skillet|
|Cover the skillet to grill|
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Apply butter on one side of a slice of bread.
- Place the butter-side of bread-down onto skillet and add sharp cheddar cheese over it. Add dash of salt and pepper.
- Apply butter on one side of second slice of bread and place butter-side of bread-up on top of sandwich. Cover skillet with lid and grill until it changes to brown colour and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich is ready.
- Serve it with a bowl of any soup.
- Use any sort of cheese or bread of your choice.
Health Benefits of Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled cheese sandwich consists of two slices of processed American cheese placed between two slices of bread, then grilled in two tablespoons of butter. These are likely to increase your health benefits by adding tomatoes, onions or other vegetables, replacing white with whole grain bread and by using low-fat cheese and butter substitutes.