This is my long time wish to bake the best Eggless pineapple upside down cake recipe. Actually my friend birthday was last month, I know she loves pineapple so I baked this cake for her birthday. We invited her to our house and surprised her with this cake and gifts. She was so happy and excited, after she tasted the cake she said OMG, the cake was so good and delicious. I was on cloud nine. This pineapple cake is very simple to make, they are so soft and sweet, pineapple slices adds a nice texture, rich taste from butter and sweetness from condensed milk, so when you bite the cake, it justs melts in your mouth. If you are a pineapple lover, you should try this cake. This pineapple upside down cake is perfect for any special occasion.
I am not a big fan of Maraschino cherry. If you like, you can use that otherwise use any kind of cherries as per your taste.
I took this video with one hand on camera and my other hand was cooking..So sorry if the video was not clear.
How to make Eggless Pineapple upside down cake
Ingredients for Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Recipe Source: 4thsensecooking
Preparation Time : 25 mins Cooking Time : 40 mins Serves: 1 cake
- Pineapple Slices
- 4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Water
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 6 Tbsp of Butter
- 200 ml of Condensed Milk
- 50 ml of Water
- 100 ml of Milk
- Few Pineapple pieces
Method for Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Caramel Preparation :
- Heat the pan, add brown sugar and butter. Mix well until sugar caramelizes. Stir it constantly until you get golden brown syrup.
- Pour the syrup into a baking pan.
- Drain the pineapple from the can and place it on top of the caramel. Arrange the cherries in between the pineapple slices.
To make pineapple cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and condensed milk, beat well until smooth. To that add maida (APF), chopped pineapple, baking soda, baking powder, milk and water, stir well without any lumps.
- Gently pour the batter over the pineapple slices.
- Bake it for 35-40 mins. Check with tooth prick by inserting in the center. The cake is done if toothprick comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto your serving plate and allow it to cool before slicing.
- Hot, yummy pineapple upside down cake is ready to serve.
- Don’t over bake the cake, not more than 40 mins.
- Don’t allow the cake in the baking pan not more than 15 mins, otherwise the caramel turns hard again.
- You can use any cherry variety. Here I don’t get the variety of cherry that we get in Indian bakery shop.
- You can limit the no of cherries, if you don’t like the taste.
Tags: the best eggless pineapple upside down cake recipe, eggless pineapple cake recipe, eggless cake with condensed milk, cake recipe with milk maid, pineapple cake recipe, eggless pineapple cake with condensed milk, cake recipe, easy pineapple cake, upside down cake recipe, eggless baking
Lovely.Will surely try.
Can I substitute brown sugar with white sugar
Hi Jeya, my answer is no because the white sugar will not melt in the same way as the brown sugar, the taste and the density of the cake will differ. brown sugar are just white sugar with molasses. If you have maple syrup, you can use that too. If you want to try with white sugar, try it in a small batch with butter and let me know how it turned out.
HI Gayathri, Just came here from watching your YouTube video. The video was so simple, I feel enthused to try it myself. I had a question. Suppose I increase the quantities, making it with 2 cups flour instead of 1, I should not be doubling the ingredients for caramel, right? No point in having twice as much caramel.
Hi Cynthia, yes you are right. you don’t have to double it. It’s just like icing on a cake. Thanks for watching my video, if you try it. Let me know how it turned out.
can you please tell the quantity in grams…
Tried this recipe yesterday and it turned out great.
Here are few things I modified( because of what I had In hand)
– made it in muffin tins instead of a cake pan, for easy serving
– made with cuties(oranges) instead of pineapple and added orange juice instead of water
-used powdered organic white sugar for the caramel
Thank you for an awesome recipe
Thanks Madura for trying pineapple cake recipe…Glad you liked it..Love all your modifications you made..I think I should learn more from you..Thanks 🙂
Hello..thank u for the recipe..will try it tom..can u pls tell me what size is your cake tin..just for reference..thanks
Absolutely fab! Followed the recipe. Just added a lill drops of vanilla essence to the batter and used fresh cut pineapple and cores out the centre and decorated in halves. Rest as was instructed. Perfectly moist sweet and heavenly , thanks a ton, like u baked to surprise a dear friend.
Wow love your creativity…Thank you so much saroj for trying my eggless pineapple upside down cake recipe…you made my day…
Comments are closed.