Eggless No butter Cornflakes cookies recipe / No Butter Cookies – Valentine’s Day Special
While browsing through this site, I got hooked to this crunchy and easy eggless cornflakes cookies. Immediately tried them yesterday for snack. I prepared this eggless cookies with kellogg cornflakes, really they are quite simple to prepare, it will be ready in 30 mins. These butterless cookies are so yummy, delicious and crunchy, also I really love the flavor of rose petals and coconut oil which absolutely a delight to the senses.
To make this eggless rose cornflakes cookies, you need cornflakes, dried rose petals, sugar, maida, baking powder, coconut oil, vanilla essence and almonds. Kids will love this cookies for sure since I used coconut oil instead of butter, so I can also say this cookies are for vegan. I got 20 beautiful cookies with this quantity of ingredients
This heart-shaped no butter cookies can also be packed and sent to your loved one on valentine’s day. For now, let’s take a look at the simple eggless rose cornflakes cookies, I made for my husband.
Check my Eggless Baking Recipes.
Ingredients for Eggless Rose Cornflakes Cookies
Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins Serves : 20 Cookies
- 1 Cup + 1/2 Cup of Cornflakes
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour (maida)
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1.5 Tsp of Dried Rose Petals
- 7 Tbsp of Sugar ( brown or white)
- 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp of Salt
- 20 Almonds, Sliced
Method for Eggless Rose Cornflakes Cookies
- Grind the cornflakes coarsely (both 1 cup + 1/2 Cup seperately) in a dry spice grinder or mixie.
- In a bowl, add coconut oil, rose petals, vanilla essence and sugar. Beat well with a whisk. Now add maida (APF), crushed cornflakes and baking powder. Mix gently to form a dough. If your dough is dry and too crumbly. Add 1 tbsp of water and knead well. Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate the dough for 1 hr.
- Then take out the dough, add 1 tbsp of water and knead again. Divide the dough into 2 equal halves. Roll one half into a long log. Cut the log into small and equal pieces.
- To the other half of the dough, roll it with a rolling pin. Use cookie cutter and make cookies into desired shapes. I used heart shape and star shaped cookie cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F or 177º C.
- Meanwhile roll them into balls and flatten them with palms. Dip it in 1/2 cup cornflakes mixture so that it is evenly coated on all sides of the cookies. Gently press almond slices into the top of each one. Arrange the cookies in a butter paper or slipat or baking tray, greased with oil like I did.
- Keep the tray in middle rack of the oven and bake the cookies for 12- 15 mins. When they are done, remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack. They will be soft when they come out of the oven, but will firm up after they cool.
- If the crushed cornflakes don’t stick to the cookie dough, take 2 drops of water in your fingertips, and coat the cookie dough ball with water.
- Original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butter instead I used coconut oil.
If you don’t have rose petals, just leave it.
- You can add rose essence or almond extract in place of vanilla extract.
- If you over bake the cookies, they will get crunchy but taste the same.
Cooking time will vary depending on the oven. So keep an eye on the oven after 12 mins.
- You can even add the cornflakes, place it in a ziplock bag, and roll a rolling pin over it to crush the cornflakes well. You can use this crushed cornflakes to coat the cookies.
Tags: rose cookies, rose cornflakes cookies recipe, cornflakes cookies recipe, eggless rose cornflakes cookies recipe, eggless cornflakes cookies, eggless cookies, eggless baking, no butter cookies recipe, no butter cornflakes cookies, valentine’s day cookies recipe, valentine’s day treat recipe, valentine’s day baking, cookies recipe, heartshaped cookies valentine’s special.