Instant dhokla recipe / Khaman Dhokla is a great, filling and healthy Gujarati snack as it is steamed. This dhokla recipe is prepared with besan flour, sooji and other spices. The eno salt and citric acid added makes the dhokla soft and spongy in texture. This is the first time I tried in my life, so I refered this site. It came out so good and we enjoyed it for sunday breakfast. You can have it with green chutney on side, it will be tasty. Try it you will love it.
INSTANT DHOKLA RECIPE / KHAMAN DHOKLA
- 1 cup Besan Flour ( Gram flour)
- 1.5 tablespoon Rava (Sooji / semolina)
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 Tsp of crushed ginger and green chilly.
- 1.5 teaspoon Eno (fruit Salt)
- ½ teaspoon Citric acid
- 2.5 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Water
- FOR TEMPERING
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon Water (optional)
- 3 Small Green Chilies
- 2 Tsp of Cumin
- 2 Tsp of Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients, mix well.
- To that bowl, add all the wet ingredients, whisk it well. Make sure there are no lumps. Now batter looks frothy.
- Grease the aluminium pan with some oil, pour the batter into it.
- Place the cooker, add water to the bottom, lay the stand. Place the aluminium pan above the stand.
- Cover it with a lid, remove the weight. Steam it for 15-20 mins.
- Take it out and allow it to cool down for 30 minutes. Insert a knife around the edges to loosen up dhokla. Flip it over onto a plate
- Heat a pan with oil, add all the temperings after it pops up, add water and coriander leaves. Pour the tempering over the dhokla.
- Cut your dhokla to your desired shapes and enjoy with chutney of your choice.
No eno in your home, use baking powder. Instead of citric acid, add lemon juice.
The batter should be of pouring consistency.
You can use cooker or large cooking vessel to make dhokla.
To check the doneness, insert the tooth prick and check. If it comes out clean, your dhokla is ready.
Follow the same recipe for microwave dhokla.
After adding eno, dont let the batter to sit for long time. Steam it quickly. Then It will turn hard.
You can also make dhokla idly by steaming the same batter in idly plate.
Tags: dhokla, dhokla recipe, how to make dhokla at home, instant dhokla recipe, khaman dhokla, how to make khaman dhokla, prepare soft gujarati dhokla, snack recipe healthy, dhokla recipe with besan flour.