A simple alleppey mixed vegetable curry is very easy to make with lots of colorful veggies cooked in a rich and creamy coconut milk. I love coconut milk based dishes because of its rich and delicious in taste. I got this recipe from my neighbour uncle, he is a chef at star hotel in Chennai. He gave me one book which has a lot of vegetarian dishes. This is one of the dish which I tried from that book. This coconut milk based vegetable curry is supposed to be little watery but I made it thick with little sauce. I cooked the veggies in a coconut milk by the time I open the pan, vegetables has absorbed all the coconut milk. When I tasted the vegetable it was so soft and yummy because of addition of coconut milk which adds a nice flavor to the curry and makes it more appetizing. Try this alleppey vegetable curry cooked in a coconut milk and serve it with chapathi or roti or phulka or rice. Just roll it with chapathi and eat it for lunch or dinner.
2 Medium Size Carrots, Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup of Peas
10 Green Beans, Chopped
1 Medium Size Potato, Chopped
3 Big Mango Pieces
1/2 Cup of Red Onion, Chopped
10 Curry Leaves
1 Inch of Ginger, Minced
2 Green Chillies, Slit
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
Salt to Taste
1 Cup of Water
3/4 Cup of Thick Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add curry leaves, chopped onions, ginger and green chillies. Saute this for 2-3 mins until onion turns golden brown.
- Add raw mango slices and saute this for 2 mins.
- Add all the vegetables (carrot, beans, peas and potato), saute this for 2 mins in a medium high flame. Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder and saute for a min.
- Add the coconut milk and a cup of water, give a quick stir, cover the pan and cook for 7-10 mins until the vegetables turns soft. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with chapathi or rice.
- Adjust the amount of red chilly powder and chilly according to your spicy level.
- You can make this curry thin by adding little more water and coconut milk and cook for few mins.
- Addition of mango pieces gives a tangy taste to the curry.
Health Benefits of Mixed Vegetable
- The nutrients in vegetables are vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables may reduce risk for stroke, other cardiovascular diseases and type-2 diabetes.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet may also protect against certain cancers.
- The high levels of potassium in vegetables may reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
So colorful n healthy
colorful and delicious
I never used coconut milk for curries!!! This one looks a mild flavored medley of vegetables… Very tempting 🙂
Lovely colorful veggies drenched in coconut milk and welcomed with open arms for meal, with rice as usual.
I like this combo of vegetables Gayathri… Must be soo delicious.. Bookmarked it 🙂
The curry looks so colorful…flavorful curry loaded with veggies
Colorful and healthy. The mango pieces must be imparting a tangy taste to the curry and that makes it a perfect combination with rice.
Very healthy and colorful bowl of veg curry… yum,yum, yum…
Extremly healthy and very nice recipe….
Lovely curry with seasonal vegetables…
Ongoing event Eat Seasonal Food Fresh
Ongoing event Forever Friends
healthy and yummy looking veggies!! love it!
that is a healthy and yummy curry
Yummy and healthy vegetable bowl..
healthy mixed vegetable
Looks very colorful and flavorful ! It’ll make a great side dish for rotis 🙂
Comments are closed.