Aloo methi is a classic Indian dish made with potatoes, aromatic fenugreek leaves and spices. This delicious and flavorful dish is packed with protein, Iron and vitamins. Enjoy this dish with roti or paratha or jeera rice.
3 Medium Size Golden Yellow Potatoes
2/3 Cup of Fenugreek Leaves
2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Kitchen King masala
Salt as needed
3 Tsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Cumin / Jeera
Pinch of Asafoetida
- Wash the potatoes and cut into cubes, boil them along with salt in a steamer or microwave.
- Wash and roughly chop the methi leaves.
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin seeds, after they crackles add asafoetida, in a medium-low flame add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and kitchen king masala, give a quick stir.
- Immediately, add methi leaves(fenugreek leaves), saute this for 1 min.
- Add boiled potatoes, mix well with the masala, sprinkle some water and salt, cook it for 5 – 7 mins in medium flame by covering the pan. Do stiring one or two times in between. once it done, switch off the stove.
- Aloo methi (Potato with Fenugreek Leaves curry) is ready to serve.
- Serve with paratha or jeera rice or Vegetable pulao
- You can add onion or garlic, if you want.
- If you want tangy side, add chopped tomatoes or Amchur Powder( mango powder)
- You can use sambhar powder instead of turmeric, red chilly powder and coriander powder.
- Dried methi leaves can be used in place of fresh fenugreek leaves.
Health Benefits of Potato and Fenugreek Leaves
- Potatoes are rich in vit A,C and fiber and good for brain function.
- Fenugreek leaves are good source of vitamins, minerals, protein and iron. Also good for lactating mothers.