Woo-oho….This is my 50th recipe...
A Taco’s is a Mexican dish which is getting popular throughout the world. A soft shell taco is filled with re-fried beans, layered with pico de gallo and topped with cheese, guacamole and salsa. These tacos are perfect weeknight meal that can be made in less than 20-30 minutes.
2 Cups of Cooked Pinto Beans
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Onion (Big)
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Chipotle Chilly
7 Cups of Water
1 Tsp of Salt
Pico de gallo
1/2 Cup of Chopped Red Onions
1/2 Cup of Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Cup of Shredded Lettuce
2 Tbsp of Pickled Jalapenos
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Lime Juice (Juiced)
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Taco Shells (Prepared Crisp)
2 Tbsp of Spicy Salsa
4 Tbsp of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2-3 Tbsp of Guacamole
- These yummy tacos is a three step process .
|Cooked Pinto Beans|
- First is the making of refried beans ( frijoles refritos in spanish ). Cooking from the scratch, mildly seasoned with couple garlic cloves and a piece of onion and pinto beans was fried in oil, then add water and wait for rolling boil temperature. Later this was transferred to cooker or crock pot and set in high and cook it for 4 hrs. Chipotle chiles can be added for extra smoky spicy kick. Once it done, grind pinto beans coarsely in blender then heat in a pan with little oil, fry it for 10 mins. Re-fried beans is ready.
- Second step is making the pico de gallo ( Add chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro , sea salt, pepper, pickled jalapenos, lettuce and lime juice in a bowl and marinate for 10-15 minutes).
- Third step is the process of assembling ,where the flavors all come together.
|Pico de gallo|
- Heat the corn tortillas in a microwave for 20 secs and assemble all goodies starting with Refried beans, pico de gallo , cheddar cheese, spicy salsa , creamy avacadoes or guacamole( if you have any) and sourcream ( optional) .
- One simple bite is all that takes to appreciate simple pleasures in life and enjoy healthy and yummy snack.
- You can get “Ready to use” canned refried bean instead of doing refried beans at home.
- Chipotle chilies are available in Mexican or any supermarket.
- Add minced meat to the refried beans for extra flavor if you are non-vegetarian.
- You can refer guacamole recipe in my blog.
Health Benefits of Tacos
- Tacos are prepared with gluten free corn flour. They are enriched with complex carbohydrates, essential amino acids and vitamin B.
- Rich in dietary fiber.
- Adding onion and garlic lowers the blood cholesterol.