Caramelized onion cheese sandwich is more popular in UK and US. I love to eat this sandwich for my breakfast. Try this sandwich with a cup of hot tea for a good meal on a chilly day…
2 Tbsp of Olive oil /Butter
2 Tbsp of Butter/Ghee
1 Finely chopped Red Onion
2 Whole Wheat Bread
2-3 Tbsp of Cheddar Cheese
A Dash of Pepper and Salt
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add butter or olive oil.
- Add onion to it and saute for 5-7 mins until they turn a soft amber color.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Turn off the stove.
For the sandwich build
- Apply butter/ghee on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the butter-side of bread-down onto skillet and add caramelized onion over it.
- Add cheddar cheese on one side of second slice of bread and place butter-side of bread-up on top of sandwich. Cover skillet with lid and grill until it changes to brown colour and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Caramelized onion cheese sandwich is ready.
- Now slice the sandwiches on a nice diagonal and serve.
- Serve with a hot cup of Tea.
- Use any sort of cheese or bread of your choice.
Health Benefits of Caramelized Onion Cheese Sandwich