Red Aval Mixture Recipe / Guilt Free Diwali Snacks
Red Aval Mixture Recipe / Poha Chivda Recipe is a crispy and yummy snack, a nice alternative to deep fried snacks. They are very healthy as I used red aval (rice flakes) and pan fried all the ingredients. There are two varieties of rice flakes, one is thin variety and other one is thick variety. Here I used thin rice flakes to make this wonderful mixture. If you don’t have snacks but if you want something to munch for evening snacks, you should try this guilt free snack (aval mixture), they are very easy to make in very less time and they are good for you. Even beginner and bachelor can make this simple mixture for diwali. Also check cornflakes mixture recipe in my blog.
How to make Red Aval Mixture Recipe / Poha Chivda Recipe
- 1 Cup of Red Aval / Red Poha / Red Rice Flakes(thin)
- 2 Tbsp of Pottukadalai / Roasted Gram
- 2 Tbsp of Roasted Peanuts
- 10 Roasted Cashews
- 5 Raisins
- Pinch of Sugar
- ¼ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp of Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
- Take all your ingredients in a plate.
- Heat a pan with a tsp of oil, roast the pottukadalai, curry leaves and roasted peanuts until it turns golden brown. Remove and keep it in a plate
- Heat the same pan with a tsp of oil, add red aval, turmeric powder, asafoetida, red chilly powder, sugar and salt, roast it for 2 mins until it turns crisp. Remove and transfer it to a plate.
- Heat the same pan with oil, add cashews and raisins, roast it until it turns golden brown. Remove and transfer it to a plate.
- Mix everything in a plate and toss it well.
- Aval mixture (poha chivda) is ready.
- Cool them and store it in an airtight container.
- Serve it with tea or coffee
If you are using raw peanuts, fry it separately in oil.
Raisins add a sweeter note dont avoid it.
If you want even more tastier, deep fry everything in oil.
Curry leaves adds a nice flavor to this dish.
You can also add some grated potatoes, deep fry it in oil and add it to the mixture.
Fry everything in a medium flame.
You can also add some coconut if you want.
Adjust red chilly powder and salt according to your taste.
Tags: aval mixture, Red aval mixture recipe, how to make aval mixture recipe, guilt free diwali snacks, guilt free snacks, prepare aval mixture recipe, crispy aval mixture recipe, poha chivda, poha chivda recipe, how to make poha chivda, easy diwali snacks, kids snacks recipe, weight loss snacks.