Spinach Pakoda Recipe / Palak Keerai Pakoda / Keerai Pakoda
Spinach Pakoda Recipe / Palak Keerai Pakoda / Keerai Pakoda is a crispy, yummy deep fried south Indian snack made with besan flour, rice flour, spinach, onion and spices. It is easy to prepare snack, goes well with hot cup of tea or coffee during cold winter evening or raining days. Making keerai pakoda is very simple and straight forward, mix all the ingredients in a bowl, finally deep fry it oil. You can make different kind of pakoda just by changing the veggies, even plain onion pakoda tastes great. Make this palak keerai pakoda for unexpected guests or after school snacks for kids.
Also try my other snacks. Recipes in my blog
- Sabudana Vadai
- Masala Vadai
- Poha (aval) vadai
- Ulundhu Vadai
- Vazhaipoo Vadai
- Wheat Bonda
- Mysore Bonda
- Mangalore Bonda
- Dosa Batter Fritters
- Vazhakkai Bhajji
How to make Spinach Pakoda Recipe
- 1 Cup of Besan Flour
- ¼ Cup of Rice Flour
- 1 Yellow Onion or any onion, Sliced
- ½ Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Cup of Spinach, Chopped
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1- 1.5 Tsp of Chilly Ginger Garlic Paste
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- ½ Tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable OIl
- Wash and chop the spinach and slice the onion.
- In a bowl, add besan flour, rice flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well with hand.
- Add fennel seeds, red chilly powder, chilly ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, spinach, onion. Mix all the ingredients well so that onions and spinach are coated with mixture.
- Add oil and sprinkle 2 tsp of water, mix again. If you love cashew nuts, chop it and add to the mixture. Mix everything together. ” DO NOT ADD MORE THAN 2 TSP of water.”
- Heat the oil in a pan to deep fry. When it is hot, add a pinch of batter to the oil, if it rises up immediately. Oil is ready to deep fry.
- Take a small portion of the mixture, gently drop into the oil, fry it in a medium flame till golden brown color, stirring occasionally in between for even cooking.
- Once it done, take the pakoda out, drain them in a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Hot, yummy spinach pakoda is ready to munch with tea.
Always fry pakoda in medium high flame.
Add asafoetida to the mixture, I forgot to add.
You can also add chopped coriander leaves to the mixture.
Here I used dried curry leaves, you can use fresh one for more flavor.
Tags: spinach pakoda recipe, palak keerai pakoda, how tomake keerai pakoda, pakoda recipe south Indian style, prepare crispy keerai pakoda, spinach pakoda, evening snacks, kids snacks,