QUINOA PESARATTU RECIPE / THINAI PESARATTU
Quinoa Pesarattu Recipe / Thinai pesarattu / Foxtail Millet Pesarattu is a simply delicious and healthy south Indian breakfast dish loaded with lot of proteins and low in carbs. It goes well with tomato chutney or any chutney of your choice. I had it with coconut chutney. There are different kinds of quinoa available in market. Here I used Red Quinoa, you can also use white quinoa. This non fermentation dosa is prepared with quinoa and green moong dal spiced up with green chilly and ginger. You can have this pesarattu for both dinner or breakfast. Also check my other quinoa recipes – quinoa vegetable biryani, quinoa dosa, quinoa paniyaram
How to make Quinoa Pesarattu Recipe
- ½ Cup of Red Quinoa
- ½ Cup of Green Moong Dal
- 1 Inch of Ginger
- 2 Green Chilly
- 1 Tbsp of Rice Flour
- 1 Tsp of Roasted Cumin
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander Leaves, Chopped
- Water as needed
- Soak both moong dal and quinoa in water for overnight.
- Drain the water and wash it. Grind it into a fine paste along with ginger and green chilly.
- Chop the onion. Add onion, rice flour, asafoetida, roasted cumin, salt and coriander leaves to the batter. Mix well.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin. It should be in dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa pan, take the laddleful of batter, pour it in the centre, spread it in a circular motion. Drizzle a tsp of oil around pesarattu. Flip it to the other side. Drizzle another tsp of oil to it.
- Once cooked remove it from dosa pan. Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with any favourite chutney.
Use either red chilly or green chilly for spicy taste.
Tags: quinoa pesarattu recipe, thinai pesarattu, foxtail millet pesarattu recipe, how to make quinoa pesarattu recipe, easy breakfast recipe, healthy dinner recipe, pesarattu recipe, quinoa recipes, quinoa breakfast recipe.