Sprouted Navadhanya Sundal Recipe
Today I am posting easy sundal recipe for navarathiri is Mixed sprouts sundal / Sprouted Navadhanya sundal recipe. The word navadhanya refers to nava meaning nine, dhanyam -meaning grains. This sundal recipe is a combination of 9 sprouted legumes( white chickpeas, Mochai, Green Gram, Horse Gram, Rajma, black eyed peas, dried soy beans, white black eyed peas and black chickpeas and I bought this mixed sprouts from nearby Nilgiris supermarket. During navarathiri, sundal are prepared from different legumes. I already posted chickpeas sundal and peanut sundal. This navadhanya sundal recipe is very easy to make and also super healthy. You can make this sundal recipe for evening snack or after school snack for kids. Try this super healthy Sprouted Navadhanya sundal recipe and let me know how it turned out.
How to make Mixed Sprouts Sundal Recipe / Navadhanya Sundal Recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins Serves : 3
Ingredients for Sprouted Navadhanya Sundal Recipe
- 1 Cup of Mixed sprouts
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut Grating
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- 2 – 3 Red Chillies
- Few Curry Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida
Method for Sprouted Navadhanya Sundal Recipe
- Cook the sprouted legumes by adding enough water and salt in pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Do not overcook.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add red chillies, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida, after it splutters, add cooked mixed sprouts, fry for few mins, finally add coconut gratings and mix well. Check the salt. Turn off the stove.
- Hot, delicious mixed sprouts are ready to serve for evening snack.
- You can used home made or store bought sprouts.
- You can use red chilly powder or green chillies in place of red chillies.
- Do not over cook the legumes. Cook the legumes either in pressure cooker or in open vessel.
- You can squeeze lemon at the end, for little tangy taste (optional)
ags : Navadhanya sundal, navadhaya sundal recipe, mixed sprouts sundal, mixed sprouts salad, how to make navadhaya sundal recipe for navarathiri, prepare navadhanya sundal recipe, how to make mixed sprouts salad, sundal south indian recipe, sundal recipes for navarathiri, navarathiri sundal recipe 2014,