Lemon Couscous Recipe Indian Style / Easy Breakfast
Lemon couscous recipe Indian style is a simple, fast to cook and refreshing dish flavored with lemon, nuts and spices. If you are unfamiliar with couscous, its basically a fine semolina. This couscous is a staple food in north African cuisines like morocco. You can find this in grocery stores like walmart. With couscous, we can make lot of recipes like salads with fruits, dry fruits or veggies. I already posted Five spice Moroccon couscous salad with raisins in my blog.
Lemon couscous recipe Indian style
- ⅔ cup of couscous (Instant)
- ⅔ cup of water
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of ghee
- Other ingredients
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of bengal gram
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp of cashews
- 2 tbsp of peanuuts
- 1 red chilly
- 1 slited green chilly
- 2 tsp of ginger pieces
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of ghee
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of green peas (frozen)
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Heat a pan, add water and salt. Bring water to a rolling boil, add couscous to it, mix well. Cover it and turn it off. Leave it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bengal gram, mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilly and curry leaves, after it pops up, add cashews, peanuts, green chilly and ginger, saute this for a min.
- Add carrot pieces, green peas and salt, fry this for a min. Sprinkle some water, cover and cook it for 5 mins and turn it off.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and add to it. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally add ghee and mix again.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chutney of your choice or pickle.