Easy Digestive Biscuits Recipe (Homemade) / Eggless Biscuit Recipe
Easy Digestive Biscuits Recipe (Homemade) is a semi-sweet biscuit also called sweet meal biscuit is very popular in United kingdom. I am a big fan of UK Mc Vitie’s biscuits. I wanted to try this digestive biscuit recipe at home so I did some google search and finally saw this simplest and best digestive biscuit recipe. I have tried few times, they are really crunchy and the taste is very close to Mc vities biscuit. This digestive biscuits are simple to make, you can use cookie cutters to make fun shapes and they are yummy with evening tea or coffee.
Check my cookies recipes in my blog. Click the below link for recipe.
1.Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
2. Eggless Rose Cornflakes Cookies / No Butter Cookies Recipe
3.Nankhatai /Eggless Indian Cookies
Easy Digestive Biscuits Recipe (Homemade)
- ¼ Cup of All purpose flour (maida)
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of white sugar or confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk, cold
- pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, wheat flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the butter to the bowl and rub the butter with your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and milk, mix and form a stiff dough.
- Knead this dough on a clean counter top until smooth.
- Place the dough in same bowl, cover and refrigerate it for an hour.
- The resting time will make the biscuits more tender and crisp.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Roll out the dough to ⅛ inch thickness and cut it into round shape.
- Place the biscuit on a butter greased plate, prick evenly with a fork and bake it for 15 to 20 mins or until it tuns pale gold.
- Cool it for sometime and enjoy with tea.
You can also roll the dough to a cylindrical shape and chill it and cut it in circular shape.
Dip this biscuit in melted chocolate for chocolate coated biscuit.
You could also use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
I substitute white sugar for Confectioners’ Sugar sugar since I didn’t have confectioners’ sugar handy. They are nothing but powdered sugar.