Red Aval Payasam Recipe With Jaggery / Poha Kheer
As Krishna Jayanthi is around the corner, today I am posting this Red Aval Payasam Recipe With Jaggery / Poha Kheer for readers. This is a creamy and yummy traditional Indian dessert made with rice flakes, jaggery, milk, ghee and nuts. This payasam is very simple to make in a very less time. In this aval payasam recipe, I used red aval (rice flakes) which is good for health, you can also use white rice flakes. For sweetener, I used jaggery, if you don’t like jaggery, use sugar. Ghee and nuts adds a rich taste while milk gives creaminess to the payasam. Even beginner and bacholer can try this easy payasam at home.
How to make Red Aval Payasam Recipe With Jaggery / Poha Kheer
- ⅓ Cup of Red Aval (Poha / Rice Flakes)
- ½ Cup of Jaggery or to taste
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2 Tsp of Ghee
- 2 Cardamom, Crushed
- Few Cashews and Raisins
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan with ghee, roast the cashews and raisins. Keep it aside.
- Heat the same pan with ghee, roast the aval for 2 mins until it turns golden brown.
- Add boiled milk, salt and cardamom to the aval, simmer it for 15 mins.
- In a pan, add jaggery and ¼ cup of water, boil it until it melts. Filter the impurities and keep it aside.
- Now add the jaggery syrup to the aval milk mixture, boil it for a min and turn it off.
- Finally add roasted cashews and raisins.
- Yummy aval payasam is ready. Cool it and serve.
Adjust the amount of jaggery as per your taste.
Do not boil the milk after adding jaggery for not more than a min.
You can also grind the aval after roasting to the boiling milk.
Tags: red Aval Payasam Recipe With Jaggery, Poha Kheer, aval payasam, aval jaggery payasam, rice flakes payasam, payasam recipes with jaggery, how to make aval payasam at home, prepare aval payasam with jaggery, aval payasam recipe, aval recipe, aval sweets, gokulahastami sweets, krishna jayanthi sweets, aval payasam with sugar., Red aval payasam recipe