Homemade Methi Flavored Paneer / How to make flavored paneer using yogurt
Paneer is a fresh Indian cottage cheese. Making homemade paneer is very simple and easy process. All you need is just three ingredients, they are milk, methi (fenugreek leaves) and food acid like vinegar or yogurt or lemon juice. Instead of making white regular paneer at home, this time, I gave a simple twist by adding some kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) to the boiling milk and finally I got a homemade methi flavored paneer. You can make variety of flavored paneer by adding different ingredients like mint leaves or dried Italian herbs or saffron so sky is a limit. By having this paneer, you can make a variety of Indian side dishes quickly like Muttar paneer, paneer bhurji, methi paneer, paneer butter masala etc. Try this flavored paneer at home and let me know how it turned out.
How to make paneer using yogurt
- 4 Cups of Milk (full fat)
- ½ Cup yogurt / Curd
- 1 Tbsp of Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- Heat the milk and bring it to a boil, when it starts to rise, add dried methi leaves, stir it. Put the flame in medium, add yogurt or lemon juice.
- Now the milk starts to curdle, if your milk has not begin to curdle, add one more teaspoon. Stir the milk continuously till the whey separates.
- Keep the bowl beneath the cheese cloth or strainer, immediately pour it. If you are using strainer, press it with back of your spoon. Collect your whey, I use that whey to make soft chapathi.
- Now sqeeeze the cloth or strainer and collect the remaining whey.
- If you are using strainer, put this coagulated milk in a cloth, wrap it tightly in the form of circle. Place this in a plate and on the top, place a heavy weight. I used my cast iron pan.
- After 45 minutes, your flavored paneer is ready.
- Chop the paneer into cubes or whatever shape you like and refrigerate it .
- Homemade Methi Flavored Paneer is ready to use in your curry.
you can use cheese cloth or strainer to separate the whey from coagulated milk.
To coagulate the milk, you can use yogurt or vinegar or lemon juice.
Tags: homemade paneer, homemade methi flavored paneer, how to make paneer at home, make soft paneer at home, how to make flavored paneer, homemade flavored paneer, homemade paneer recipe, prepare Indian cottage cheese.