MINT PARATHA RECIPE
This green coloured mint paratha / pudhina paratha is a flavorful and tasty paratha recipe made with whole wheat flour, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger and other spices. This mint paratha recipe is very simple to make, a nice alternative to regular chapathi and it is filling for dinner. This is the first time I tried this mint chapathi, it tasted yummy with lima beans curry and raita. Try this pudhina paratha at home and let me know how it turned out.
Mint Paratha Recipe / Pudhina Paratha Recipe
Ingredients For Mint Paratha Recipe
Preparation Time: 40 mins Cooking Time:30 mins Serves: 9 Parathas
- 2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Tsp of Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Flax seed Powder
- 1 Tsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- Salt as needed
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
To Saute and Grind
- 3/4 Cup of Mint Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Inch Ginger, Grated
Method for Mint Paratha Recipe
- Wash the mint leaves, green chillies and ginger. Heat a pan with oil, saute the mint leaves, ginger and green chillies for few mins. Transfer it to a blender and grind it smooth by adding litttle water.
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, cumin powder, flax seed powder, salt, ghee, oil and the ground mint mixture, mix all together with a fork, now add warm water little by little, start mixing with a fork or spoon. After it cool down, Knead it into a smooth dough, keep it covered and let it rest it for 30 mins.
- Heat a pan, meanwhile divide the dough into equal parts. Roll into thick parathas and transfer it to the hot pan. Cook both the sides of paratha until brown spots appears add some oil over the parathas.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Serve it with any side dish of your choice. We had with lima beans curry and onion raita.
- You can use dried mint leaves too instead of fresh mint leaves.
- Add ajwain or cumin for easy digestion.
- If you don’t have flax seed powder, just leave it and add cumin powder alone.