Baby Corn Capsicum Curry Recipe / Baby Corn Recipe For Roti
Baby corn capsicum curry recipe / Baby Corn Curry is very easy subzi recipe for roti or chapathi. Here I used green capsicum in this curry that tasted so good with baby corn. You can use yellow or red capsicum they too equally taste good in this dish. Another variation to this baby corn dish, is you can add butter or milk or cream, that makes curry more creamy and delicious. So here is the recipe for baby corn subzi recipe for roti .
- Preparation Time : 15 mins
- Cooking Time : 25 mins
- Serves : 3
Health Benefits of Baby Corn
- Improves Digestion
- Rich in minerals.
- Prevents Anemia
- Good for skin.
- Controls cholesterol.
- Good for pregnant ladies.
Ingredients for baby corn capsicum curry recipe
- 1 Packet of Baby Corn ( approximately 12 ), cut into pieces
- 1 Large Green Capsicum, Diced
- 2 Medium Size Onion, Finely Chopped
- 3 Medium Size Tomatoes, Finely Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, 1/2 Inch ginger, made into paste
- 1 Green Chily, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp of Kasuri Methi ( Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- Wash the baby corn and slice them.
- Heat oil in a pan, temper with all the ingredients listed under ” To Temper “. After mustard seeds splutters, add onion, fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chily, saute till raw smell goes away.
- Add tomatoes, saute them until they turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala, saute them until oil separates. Add baby corn and capsicum, fry them in masala. Add required water and salt. Cover and cook in medium flame for 12-15 mins. Add kasuri methi, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Baby Corn capsicum curry is ready to serve with roti, phulka or chapathi.
- If you prefer baby corn more soft, pressure cook the baby corn before adding it to subzi.
- You can substitute any vegetables in place of capsicum like potato or peas.
- If your tomato does not give enough tangy taste to your dish, add amchur (Dry mango) powder at the end.