Indo-Chinese Fried Rice
Fried rice are now getting popular throughout the world because of its unique taste. This is one of my favorite recipe.It has vegetables and rice that are wok fried in oil or butter. This recipe is so simple, quick to make, yummy, colorful to eyes and on top of that it has a excellent taste which is from the secret ingredient – soy sauce.
1 Cup of Rice
2 Chopped Carrot
2/3 Cup of Chopped Cabbage
1/2 Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup of Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup of Green Bell Pepper
4-5 Small Green Chillies
2 Chopped Green Onion (Spring Onion)
1/2 Tsp of Sugar
1.5 Tsp of Black or White Pepper powder
2-3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp of Butter or Oil
Salt to taste
- Soak the rice for 1/2 hr and cook it in pressure cooker or stove top. Once it done. Keep it aside.
- Heat a wok with butter or oil, add white part of the green onion and green chillies. Fry for a minute..
- In a high flame, add cabbage, carrot, bell pepper( green, red and yellow). Fry for a min. Sprinkle some water and cover wok with a lid and Wait for 2 mins so that the vegetables got cooked.
- Add pepper powder, sugar, soy sauce, salt and give it a stir.
- Add green part of the green onion and give it a stir. Switch off the stove.
- Finally add the boiled rice and mix well.
- Hot fried rice is ready.
- Serve hot fried rice with gobi manchurian or gobi panner manchurian
- You can add 1/4 tsp of ajinamoto for extra taste.
- Careful in adding salt as soy sauce are salty in taste.
- Adding butter gives unique taste to this dish.
- Don’t over fry vegetables, because it loses its nutrients and color.
Health Benefits of Fried Rice
- This colorful Indo-Chinese fried rice is full of vegetables and less spicy in taste.
- Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin A, B6 and C
- Cabbages has a cholesterol lowering benefits.
- Carrots are rich in carotenoid and antioxidant.