I made this vegetable puffs recipe with frozen puff pastry which I bought few weeks back from Walmart. During school days, every thursday my mom used to buy hot veg puffs from nearby bakery, I liked it very much and during college days, me and my friends always order veg puffs from our college canteen and we chit-chat, laugh and have it with hot chai (tea) those brings back nostalgic memories .
So this is my all time favourite snack and I tried puff yesterday at home, it came out super yummy and crispy. I had it with tomato ketchup and green tea. Using Pepperridge farm puff pastry sheets, you can make lot of recipes ( sweet or savory version) just by changing the stuffing, also you can make turn overs, sweet pies and tarts. For stuffing, that’s your wish use any kind of vegetables like potato-carrots-peas or eggs or chicken or paneer. You can make this veg puffs as appetizer for parties or potlock.
How to make vegetable puffs recipe with frozen puff pastry
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry sheets (Thawed)
- For Filling
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Cup of Mixed Vegetables (carrot, peas, mushroom)
- 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp of Garam Masala
- ¼ Tsp of Fennel Powder
- Pinch of Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice (optional)
- Few Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Butter (to coat the top of the puffs)
- Take the pastry sheets from the freezer, just take one sheet. Normally it takes 45 mins to thaw the pastry sheets. So keep it outside.
- Chop all the veggies and onion. Make ginger garlic paste in mixie.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add cumin after it sizzles, add onion fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry until raw smell vanishes. Add all the veggies, fry for a min.
- Add all the masala powders (turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, fennel powder, chaat masala, salt), fry well with veggies for a min. Sprinkle some water, cover and cook it for 10-12 mins until veggies turns soft.
- Finally add coriander leaves and lemon juice, mix well. Filling is ready, let it cool down for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the sheets in a well floured surface, roll it evenly on both sides with a rolling pin. Cut the sheet into three equal parts with knife. Refer the picture.
- Place 2 tbsp of veg filling , fold it and seal it with water. Press all the sides with fork finally.
- Now they are ready to bake for 20 mins.
- Piping hot puffs are out from the oven.
- Brush the puffs with butter or ghee.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and tea.
For stuffing, your wish use any kind of vegetables like potato-carrots-peas or eggs or chicken or paneer.
Instead of lemon juice, you can add amchur (dry mango) powder.
To brush the puff, use oil or butter or ghee or egg white.
Add crushed nuts along with veggies for rich taste.
Tags: vegetable puffs (veg puffs) with frozen puff pastry, veg puffs recipe, vegetable puffs recipe, how to make puffs at home, vegetable puff recipe, homemade veg puffs recipe, how to prepare veg puffs recipe, Indian veg puff recipe.
thanks for letting me know that frozen puff strips are available at Walmart, I used to buy this while in Dubai, but after coming to India I could not find it, though Walmart is not opened in Mysuru, will try it at Bengaluru. Thanks for the Info.
Hello Mathew, thanks for stopping by. I actually bought puff pastry in Walmart in US. I have no idea about Bangalore walmart..
the puffs look so yummy
Can you please tell me where puff pastry sheets are available in India ?
Comments are closed.