This easy, low-fat baked wheat biscuits are so addictive, yummy and healthy snacks for kids and adults. Do you like Maida biscuits / Diamond cuts ? Then you will love this tiny, cute savory crackers for sure. In this wheat biscuit recipe, I replaced maida with wheat and then I baked with oil instead of butter. I already posted deep-fried method of savory maida biscuits. This baked wheat biscuit is my all time favourite tea time snack. This is my recipe and it is a guilt free snack. If you are looking for vegan snack then try this low-fat khara biscuit for any occasion and let me know how it turned out.
How to make Baked Wheat Biscuits (Low Fat)
Ingredients for Baked Wheat Biscuits
- 3/4 Cup of Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 Cup of Canola Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 2 Tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
Method for Baked Wheat Biscuits
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, add water little by little and make a smooth dough. Cover the dough and leave it for 15 – 30 mins.
- Knead it again and divide the dough into equal parts. Take a ball and roll into a thin circle as possible.
- Take a knife or pizza cutter cut the circle in the form of square like cut vertically first and then horizontally. Carefully separate them and keep them ready. Repeat the same process for the rest of the circles.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Grease the plate with oil and place the biscuits by leaving some gap.
- Bake it for 12 mins.
- Hot, delicious wheat biscuits are ready to munch.
- You can use either 1 and 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour or use 1/2 maida and 3/4 cup wheat like I did.
- Adjust the amount of red chilly powder and salt according to your taste.
- Use any vegetable oil instead of canola oil.
- Don’t have garlic powder, use garlic paste instead
- Always keep an eye on the oven while baking.
- If you want your biscuits to be on brown shade. Bake it until 15 mins.
Tags: baking goodies, eggless baking, whole wheat biscuits, baked wheat biscuits, healthy khara biscuit, healthy kids snacks, whole wheat baking, biscuit recipes, low fat savory crackers