I love sweets made of milk powder. Today I am sharing soft gulab jamun recipe with milk powder. Gulab Jamun is a milk based Indian dessert loved by everyone. Gulab means rose and Jamuns means purple colored berry. This soft and yummy jamuns are prepared during Indian festivals or any special occasions. You can make gulab jamun using different milk solids like paneer or Khoya, even with bread or sweet potatoes for vegan version. But in your home, you can make this soft gulab jamun recipe with milk powder easily. The secrets of getting soft and juicy gulab jamun lies in measurements of ingredients, dough texture and the oil temperature. Try this soft instant gulab jamun at home and enjoy.
Also check my other sweet recipes.
How To Make Soft Gulab Jamun Recipe With Milk Powder
Ingredients for Soft Gulab Jamun Recipe With Milk Powder
Preparation Time: 20 mins (1hr soaking time) Cooking Time: 30 mins Makes: 10
- 1 Cup of Milk Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Maida / Self Rising Flour
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Ghee or Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Yogurt or 1/4 cup of Milk
- Oil for frying
To Make Syrup
- 1.5 Cups of Water
- 1.5 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Green Cardamoms, Crushed
- 1 Drop of Rose Essence
- Pinch of Saffron
Method for Soft Gulab Jamun Recipe With Milk Powder
To Prepare Sugar Syrup
- Add sugar, water, cardamom and saffron to a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Once the sugar dissolves completely, stir now and then until you get syrup thicken (no string consistency) Remove from flame and then add a drop of rose essence and set aside.
To Prepare Gulab Jamun
- In a bowl, add maida, milk powder, salt, baking soda and ghee. Slowly add ghee and yogurt or milk, mix well with hand and knead until you get soft sticky dough.
- If your dough is dry or crumbly, add little more milk to get soft dough.
- Grease your hands with ghee or oil, so that dough won’t get stick to your hands. Make a small smooth balls out of the dough and set aside. Keep it covered with cloth so that the balls won’t get dry.
To Deep fry
- Heat a pan with oil to deep fry. Reduce the flame and carefully slide the 4 balls into the oil and stir them well with slotted spoon so that they get evenly browned.
- Fry until it turns golden brown and remove it carefully with a slotted spoon and transfer them to the sugar syrup.
- Soak it for 2 hrs.
- Gulab jamun can be served hot or cold.
- To my family, I serve them with cold ice cream on top.
- While frying, to test the oil, drop small ball into the oil, if it floats to the surface of oil.Your oil is ready. If it floats, then your oil is not hot enough.
- If your jamun opens or cracks while frying, add a tsp of maida to the dough and knead it again.
- Always fry in a medium or low flame.
- To make the jamun osfter add a tsp of vinegar to the dough.
Tags: gulab jamun, gulab jamun recipe, soft gulab jamun recipe with milk powder, milk powder gulab jamun, gulab jamun for diwali, instant gulab jamun, how to make soft and juicy gulab jamun at home, prepare soft gulab jamun at home, jamun holi recipes, sweets with milk powder, Indian festival sweets.