Grilled Granny Smith and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
I love to eat grilled cheese sandwich recipe for breakfast. Grilled granny smith and swiss cheese sandwich drizzled with honey is a comfort breakfast food in which the tangyness of the green apple that complements with sweet blueberry preserve or honey and with a backdrop of creamy swiss cheese marks a savory and sweet taste. This granny cheese sandwich is one of our family favourites and I got this recipe from my husband. Granny sandwich tastes so delicious particulary with whole wheat bread. Here I used granny smith (green apple) for sandwich, you can also use any variety of apple. You can have the sandwich for breakfast or lunch or as evening snack. Here comes the recipe for Grilled Granny Smith and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Check out my other sandwich recipes
- Grilled cheddar cheese sandwich
- Caramelized onion cheese sandwich
- Grilled Guacamole sandwich
- Almond butter jelly sandwich
- Mushroom, tomato and cucumber sandwich
How to make Grilled Granny Smith and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Ingredients for Grilled Granny Smith and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Preparation Time : 5 Mins Cooking Time: 10 mins Serves: 1
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 1/2 of 1 Granny Smith Apple, Sliced
- 1 Slice of Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tsp of Honey
- 2 Tsp of Blueberry Jam (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
Method for Grilled Granny Smith and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
- Brush one side of each slices of bread with butter and toast the bread in bread toaster.
- Lightly spread the other side of one bread with honey. Spread the other side of second bread with blueberry jam.
- Place the sliced apple evenly over the top of honey. Keep the swiss cheese over the apple then sprinkle some salt and pepper.Finally top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up. Diagonally slice the bread and serve.
- Yummy grilled granny smith swiss cheese sandwich is ready to go.
- If you are weight consicious, use olive oil or earth balance for vegan instead of butter.
- If don’t get granny smith, use jonathan apple.
- You can skip blueberry jam, if you dont like. Recipe calls for honey but I customized the recipe and used jam.
- I recommend you to use whole wheat bread.