Restaurant Style Kurma / Kurma Recipe Without Vegetables
Restaurant Style kurma / Kurma Recipe Without Vegetables is a popular side dish recipe in Dindugul ( South India) for appam and biryani. I and my brother are a great fan to this kurma especially with hot idly for breakfast and we fondly call this as “Bangaru’s Kurma “. Because there is a famous hotel called Bangaru biryani restaruant in dindugul where they prepare this kurma for biryani. Also If you run out of vegetable, but still you want to make some side dish for breakfast then try this restaruant style kurma. I got this recipe from my grand ma, she makes this best hotel style kurma recipe for hot idly, appam and dosa . If you love the aroma of spices, then you would definitely fall in love with this kurma. This kurma recipe without vegetables is a great side dish for idly, dosa, appam and idiyappam.
Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 25 Mins Serves : 3-4 People
Ingredients for Restaurant Style Kurma
- 2/3 Cup of grated Coconut
- 3 Tbsp of Potukadalai (Fried Gram)
- 1/2 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Small Cinnamon
- 1 Cardamom
- 2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- 5 Cashews
- 1 Tsp of Poppy Seeds (optional)
- Water as needed
- 1/4 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Clove
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Cardamom
- 2 Handful of Small Onions ( 12-15), Sliced
- 5-7 Mint Leaves
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Green Chilly (Slit)
- 3 Tomato
- Salt and water as needed
- In a Mixie, grind all the ingredients listed under ” To Grind” to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil, add fennel, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, curry leaves, small onion, fry this until it turns golden brown colour. add green chilly, mint, coriander leaves and tomato, sauté this until it turns mushy.
- Add ground paste and salt, sauté this until raw smell vanishes. Add water, let it boil for 10-12 mins until you see bubbles at the top. Turn off the flame and garnish it with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Hot, yummy kurma is ready to serve.
- Serve it with appam or idiyappam or idly or dosa.
- If you want to add any vegetables, you can add it.
- Adjust number of green chillies according to your taste.
- You can use ground nut in place of fried gram for white kurma.
- If your want your kurma thick add water, simmer it until it gets thick.