KESARI RECIPE | RAVA KESARI RECIPE
Kesari Recipe / Rava kesari Recipe / Sooji halwa is an easy and simple sweet prepared during important occasions like birthday, diwali, wedding and new year . This rava kesari is usually made with rava(semolina),sugar and ghee, though the ingredients are very simple and straight forward, the taste is captivating and can be very satisfying. This kesari recipe is my family favourite sweet and I am pleased to share my mom’s recipe. Below rava kesari recipe is made by my mom for my blog and she also send some pictures of the recipe taken by my sister in law (subha). Thank you amma and subha for this tasty kesari recipe and mouthwatering photographs..
Ingredients for Kesari Recipe
- 1 Cup of Rava (Semolina)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1/4 Cup of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 Pinch of Orange Food Color
- 2 Green Cardamom
- Few Cashew Nuts
- Pinch of Salt
Method for Rava Kesari Recipe
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a non stick pan, roast it until it turns light brown and nice aroma arises. Transfer the roasted rava to a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with ghee, roast cashews and rasins, fry for a min. Keep this aside.
- Heat water in a pan, after it comes to a rolling boil, add food color to it, mix well, turn it to a medium flame, add roasted rava little by little to a boiling water, keep on stirring continuously, take care to avoid lumps and stir well.
- Cover and cook until rava are cooked. Add sugar and stir well for 3-4 mins to avoid lumps.
- Finally add ghee, pinch of salt, cardamom,roasted cashews and raisins
- Hot and yummy kesari is ready to eat.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Addition of ghee gives a nice aroma and taste.
- If you got lumps, don’t worry, keep on stirring to avoid it and mash it later.
- You can use any food color to this kesari.
- If you got pineapple, blend it with water and add it in place of water and make kesari.
- You can also add saffron to kesari, if you have.