Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Yogurt / No Egg No Butter Recipe / Step by step Procedure
Eggless vanilla sponge cake using yogurt / no egg no butter cake recipe is very easy to make cake for birthday parties. Last week was my friend’s birthday, so I surprised her by baking this Eggless vanilla sponge cake. She was really amazed and happy to see the vanilla sponge cake. She tasted it and said it was “out of the world”. This recipe is originally by Nita Mehta and has been blogged by many bloggers. I really love this cake recipe as it was egg free and no butter added. Also it turned super soft and moist. Try this egg less cake recipe and let me know your feedback.
- In a bowl, add sugar and curd/yogurt, wait until all sugar completely dissolves. Now add baking powder, baking soda to the sugar-curd mixture and stir well.
- Keep it aside for 3 – 5 mins and you can able to see the bubbles appears at the top. Now add the vanilla essence, cooking oil and stir well.
- Add maida/ All Purpose Flour, slowly to the sugar – yogurt mixture. Beat well with a whisk or forks until it turns thick and creamy as you see in the pic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Meanwhile grease the pan with oil and all purpose flour and pour the batter to the baking pan. I used 8″ * 8″ square pan.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 30-35 mins.
- Check it by inserting fork or tooth prick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, then your cake is ready. Just brush the top of the cake with 1 tbsp of milk, 10mins before the ending time to get a nice polishing glaze.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 10mins, then carefully take it out from the pan and enjoy !!!!
- Don’t keep the batter to sit for long time after mixing, as baking soda reacts faster and makes your cake harder.
- Always use curd at room temperature and curd should be thick.
- If your cake turns browning too much on the top, just cover it with aluminium coil and bake it for another 5 mins, it comes out good.
- You can refrigerate the cake and keep it for 2-3 days.
- You can also add nuts to the batter, for extra richness and crunchy taste.
- Vanilla extract contains small amounts of B-complex groups of vitamins such as niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, riboflavin and vitamin B-6.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Vanilla extract has been used to help calm patients with queasy stomachs.