MOTICHOOR LADOO RECIPE / DIWALI SWEET
Motichoor ladoo recipe is my all time favourite sweet. I love all kinds of ladoo particulary thirupathi ladoo. This motichur ladoo was in my mind to try for diwali. This orange ladoo looks fabulous isn’t it ? I made it recently and it turned out perfect and tasty. Boondhi ladoo and motichoor ladoo recipe are all same it just varies in size. This boondhi ladoo have big boondhi in it whereas motichoor ladoo have tiny boondhi. Trust me homemade motichoor ladoo tastes 100 times better than store bought ones. Don’t think, this is a difficult recipe. It you follow the recipe and use the right proportion of ingredients, it will be easy and its totally worth the effort. Everyone in my family loved it. Try this for diwali, you will love it too. Check the full diwali recipes collection.
“Happy Diwali to everyone” 😛 😛 😛
Motichoor Ladoo Recipe
How to make boondhi for ladoo
How to make sugar syrup and shape the ladoo
- 2 Cups of Besan Flour (homemade)
- 100 ml of Milk
- 1 Pinch of Orange Colour (kesari colour)
- Pinch of Salt
- Water as needed
- 1 and ¼ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 10 Almonds, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Ghee
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Making of Boondhi
- In a bowl, add besan flour.
- To a 100 ml warm milk, add food colour and mix well. Now add this to besan flour bowl. Mix well.
- Add enough water and salt, whisk well to avoid lumps.The batter should be little thin than dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a pan (kadai) with oil to deep fry. Keep a heavy box / container taller than kadai. Just keep the box closer to kadai. Place a kitchen towel over the box and keep it ready. This arrangement is to tap the ladle. Please check the pic for details. Pour the batter over the perforated ladle, swirl it and tap it strongly with laddle on the box . So that the boondhi will fell down like rain.
- Just fry the boondhi for 30 secs – 1 min and take out carefully with ladle. Drain it in a paper towel.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Now boondhi is ready and let it cool for sometime.
- Making of sugar syrup
- Heat a pan with sugar and water, boil it and stir it until you get single string consistency. Once it is reached, add lemon juice and turn it off. Add fried boondhi to the syrup.
- Mix it gently and cover it with lid. Leave it undisturbed for 30- 45 mins.
- After the boondhi absorbed all the syrup, transfer it to a mixier and pulse it once or twice. Transfer this to a plate. Now add nuts, cardamom powder and ghee. mix well.
- Shaping of ladoo
- Grease your hands with ghee or oil and make round shape ladoo out of the mixture.
- Yummy, rich motichoor ladoo is ready to eat 🙂
Add any food colour of your choice. Here I used orange colour.
Single string sugar syrup consisteny is another important factor for perfect ladoo.
Add any nuts or musk melon seeds to ladoo.
Adding lemon juice to avoid crystallization of sugar syrup.
Adding ghee is optional.
I have fried boondhi in oil. You can fry them in ghee too or 50% oil and 50% ghee.
My ladle gave big boondhi so I pulsed the mixture to get tiny boodhi. If you get tiny hole ladle from near by store you don’t need to pulse it.