Peanut Coconut Kozhukattai Recipe / Verkadalai Kozhukattai is a healthy and yummy kozhukattai with peanut, coconut and jaggery filling. Making this kolukattai at home is simple. If you don’t like jaggery, replace it with sugar for filling. My husband loves peanut, so I tried this kollukattai few days back. If you are a peanut lover, you will absolutely love this kozhukattai. Try this easy, tasty kolukattai for coming vinayagar chaturthi.
Also try my 10 tasty kozhukattai (modak)recipes for ganesh chaturthi
- Sesame Seeds (Ellu) Kozhukattai
- Coconut Jaggery Kozhukattai
- Pancha Khadya Modak
- Sprouted Green Gram Kozhukattai
- Aval Kara Kozhukattai
- Sweet Aval Pidi Kozhukattai
- Paal Kozhukattai
- Chocolate Coconut Modak
- Mani Kozhukattai(kara kozhukattai)
- Red Rice Kara Kozhukattai
- Red Rice Sweet Kozhukattai
How to make Peanut Coconut Kozhukattai Recipe
- For outer covering
- 1 cup of rice flour
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of ghee / oil
- For filling
- ½ cup of roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup of coconut
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of jaggery
- 2 cardamom, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- In a pan, roast the coconut in a medium flame and keep it aside.
- In a mixie, add roasted peanuts, roasted coconut, jaggery, cardamom and salt. Grind everything together. Make equally sized balls out of the mixture.
- For the outer covering dough, bring the water to boil along with ghee. In a bowl, add rice flour and salt, add water slowly and keep mixing with spatula.
- Let it cool it for 2 mins, it will be warm by now, start kneading to form a smooth dough. Keep covered to prevent from drying.
- Make a equally sized balls out of the dough. Grease your hand with oil, take a ball and flatten it with your hand. Place the peanut ball in the centre. Fold it and seal it in the centre. Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Steam the kozhukatta in a idly pan or steamer for 10 mins.
- Peanut cococnut kozhukattai is ready to serve.
Add sugar, if don't like jaggery.
Adding a pinch of salt enhances sweetness.
Tags: verkadalai kozhukattai, Peanut Coconut Kozhukattai Recipe, Easy Kozhukattai Recipe, kollukattai recipes, sweet kozhukattai recipes, peanut sweet kollukattai recipe, peanut kollukattai, how to make peanut coconut kozhukattai at home, ganesh chaturthirecipes, vinayagar chaturthi recipes. pillaiyar chaturthi recipes, vinayagar chaturthi tamil recipes 2015
looks so yum! I love the filling 🙂
Would like to publish your recipes for our weekly food page. Do let me know if we can with due credit to you.
Papia Lahiri Saini
Comments are closed.