Sprouted green gram mani kozhukattai recipe / Pacha payir ammini kozhukattai is a steamed rice balls tempered with flavorful spices and green gram sprouts. They are usually made from leftover dough while making modagam (modak outer covering) for vinayagar chaturthi. I already posted plain version of mani kozhukattai (uppu urundai) long back in my blog. This mani kozhukattai is easy and healthy snack with green gram sprouts. It can also be made as evening snacks for kids and adults. Try this green gram sprouts mani kozhukattai for vinayagar chaturthi and let me know how it turned out for you.
How to make sprouted green gram mani kozhukattai Recipe
- ½ Cup of Rice Flour
- Water as needed
- 1 Tsp of Ghee
- ½ Cup of Green Gram Sprouts
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chilly, finely chopped
- 1 Inch ginger, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Coconut
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- Heat a pan with required water, add green gram sprouts and salt, cook till soft. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl with rice flour and salt. Bring the water to boil along with ghee, add water slowly and keep mixing with spatula.
- Let it cool it for 2 mins, it will be warm by now, start kneading to form a smooth dough. Keep covered to prevent from drying.
- Grease your hand with oil and make a equally sized small balls out of the dough.
- Steam the balls in a idly pan or steamer for 10 mins
- Heat a pan with oil, temper it with red chilly, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, after it pops up, add green chilly, ginger, green gram sprouts, fry well for few mins in high flame.
- In a medium flame, add rice balls and coconut. Mix gently.
- Sprouted green gram ammini kozhukattai are ready for neivedhyam.
Boil water well, so that you get soft and non sticky dough.
If kozhukattai looks shiny after steaming, it means they are done. Do not over cook it for long time, it will turn rubbery.
Do not overcook the sprouts, it will turn mushy. You can also cook sprouts using pressure cooker.
Adjust the no of chilly according to your taste.
Tags: Sprouted Green Gram Mani Kozhukattai Recipe, green gram sprouts ammini kozhukattai, Pachai Payir Ammini Kozhukattai, Ammini Kozhukattai recipe, how to make Ammani Kozhukattai recipe, how to make Pachai Payir Ammini Kozhukattai recipe, mani kozhukattai recipe, ammini kozhukattai, kara kozhukattai recipe 2015, uppu urundai using sprouts, neer urundai using green gram sprouts, ganesh chaturthirecipes, vinayagar chaturthi recipes. pillaiyar chaturthi recipes, vinayagar chaturthi tamil recipes 2015