Easy Moong Dhal Murukku / Pasiparuppu Murukku Recipe
Easy Moong Dhal Murukku / Pasiparuppu Murukku Recipe is a crispy delicious Indian snack made during diwali and krishna jayanthi (gokulashtami). Moong dal murukku is made of rice flour, moong dal, cumin, butter and salt. You can add roasted moong dal or pressure cooked moong dal to the flour. Butter adds a rich and crispy taste. This post was in my draft for long time, actually I made this moong dal murukku last year for diwali when I was in my mom’s home. My brother son ( 3 yr old kid ) loved this murukku so much because of its crispy taste. You can also make this easy pasiparuppu murukku as after school snacks for kids. Try this easy murukku and let me know in comment box how it turned out.
I love to share a good news here. Plattershare conducted a recipe contest last month, to them I send my alfalfa sprouts guacamole sandwich recipe. The contest was judged by popular masterchef Pankaj Bhadouria and she selected me as a second prize winner, feeling so happy 🙂 . They gave me Rs. 500 cash and 7 different variety of Orchard Lane fruit jams. I never tasted this kind of jam in my life, it was so delicious and yummy. Why I love this jam is that, it has less content of sugar, 80% of original fruits and no preservatives. Thank you so much plattershare, chef Pankaj mam and orchardlane.
How to make Easy Moong Dhal Murukku / Pasiparuppu Murukku Recipe
- 1 Cup of Rice Flour (Store-bought)
- ¼ Cup of Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 Tsp of Cumin (Jeera)
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak the moong dal in water for 20 mins. Wash it and add it to pressure cooker, cook it for 3 whistles by adding 1 cup of water. After the steam releases, mash the dal and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, cooked moong dal, cumin, butter, asafoetida and salt. Mix well with hand to form a smooth dough. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile, grease the inner part of murukku press with oil and use star template( the one we use it for mullu murukku). Add the dough into the murukku press and close it tightly.
- Now carefully press it directly into the hot oil, cook both the sides of murukku till Ssh sound stops.
- Remove it from oil and drain this in a paper towel (tissue paper)
- Hot, crispy moong dal murukku is ready to serve with hot tea or coffee.
If you want spicy murukku, add red chilly powder. This is optional.
If you don’t have butter, add hot oil to the dough.
I didn’t add water while kneading the dough as moong dal water is enough to knead it.
You can use any murukku template of your choice.
Tags: easy moong dhal murukku, moong dal murukku, moong dal murukku recipe, murukku recipe, moong dal chakli, pasi paruppu murukku recipe, make moong dal murukku, prepare pasiparuppu murukku, krishna jayanthi snacks recipe, gokulashtami recipes, moong dal snack recipes, evening snack recipes, janmashtami recipes