Do you believe you can make this garlic chickpeas rice in 10 mins ? Yes, you can do it with peeled garlic and canned chickpeas in hand. 10 mins Garlic rice recipe /Poondu Sadam is very close to my family and this is my mom’s own recipe. We travel a lot during school and college days so we reach home very late at night. So my mom makes this quick garlic rice with ingredients available in pantry. This is yummy and simple to make rice dish with just 5 ingredients but it is of less protein so I added some canned chickpeas to make the rice more nutritious and healthy. Mormilagai ( Buttermilk Soaked chilies) and cumin used in tempering adds a nice flavor to this garlic rice. Serve this hot garlic rice with lemon pickle and appalam, it tastes heavenly 🙂 Even bachelor can make this so easily and a perfect rice to pack for lunch boxes. If you are a garlic lover, give it try, you will love this for sure.
How to make 10 mins Garlic Rice
Ingredients for 10 mins Garlic Rice
Preparation Time: 5 Mins Cooking Time:10 mins Serves:2
- 1 Cup of Rice (Raw or Parboiled Rice), I used Kerala Matta Rice
- 16 Big Garlic
- 5 Mormilagai (Buttermilk Soaked chilies)
- 2 Tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 Cup of Canned Chickpeas(optional)
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Ghee or Butter
- Salt to taste
- Few Curry Leaves
- Soak the rice for 15 mins, drain the water, wash it and keep it aside.
- Peel the garlic and keep it aside.
- Heat the cooker with oil and ghee, add mormilagai, cumin and curry leaves, after it pops up, add garlic, saute it for a min, add rice, chickpeas, salt and 2 cups of water, pressure cook it for 3 whistles and turn off the stove.
- Serve hot and delicious garlic chickpeas rice with appalam (Papad) and lemon pickle.
- If you dont have mormilagai (Buttermilk Soaked chilies), add red chilies.
- If you are conscious about weight, just add oil and avoid butter.
Tags: 10 mins garlic rice, garlic rice recipe, garlic chickpeas rice, poondu sadam, how to make garlic rice recipe, prepare garlic rice, lunch box rice recipe, bacheolar rice recipe, Indian style garlic rice