Mixed vegetable pulao recipe in pressure cooker is an easy one pot meal that can be made in a very short time. It goes well with any gravy like potato kurma or simple zuccini raita or cucumber raita and papad. This veg pulao is tasty and healthy as we add a lot of mixed vegetables like carrot, beans, peas, mushroom and potato. You can add any vegetables of your choice. The secret tip for tasty pulao is my mom used to say that more oil or ghee you add, the pulao will be more tasty. This is a pressure cooker pulao recipe, I also make veg pulao in stove top, will share that recipe in future. You can pack this veg pualo for kids lunch box or office goers lunch box. Also check my veg biryani recipe in pressure cooker, peas pulao, spinach pulao, mint pulao, tomato pulao, chickpeas pulao, methi pulao
How to make Mixed vegetable pulao recipe in pressure cooker
Ingredients for Mixed vegetable pulao recipe
Preparation Time: 30 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins Serves: 2-3
- 1 Cup of Raw Rice
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch of Ginger
- 3 Green Chilly
- 1/2 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Medium Size Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves (small)
- 1 Cardamom
- 5 Cashews or almonds
- 1 Star Anise (small)
- 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Ghee
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp of Lichen (kalpasi)
- 1/2 Tsp of Fennel Seed
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Chopped
- 10 Beans, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Peas
- 1 Potato, Small
- 3 Mushroom, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
- 2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Fried Onions
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Few Coriander Leaves
- 3-5 croutons
Method for Mixed vegetable pulao recipe
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 mins.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients listed under “To Grind” along with water to a smooth paste.
- Chop all the vegetables and onion, keep it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee, when it is hot, add bay leaf, kalpasi, fennel seeds and mint leaves, then add onion, saute well for 2 mins till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ground masala paste, saute well until raw smell vanishes. Add coriander powder, garam masala and red chilly powder, saute this for a min.
- Add chopped vegetables and salt, saute this for 2 mins.
- Finally add rice, water, mix well. Check the salt. Add fried onion on top. Close the lid. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and turn off the flame.
- Open the lid, add lemon juice and coriander leaves, gently mix with fork. Add salt, if needed.
- Hot, yummy mixed vegetable pulao is ready to serve with onion or cucumber raita.
- Add more green chilly, if you want it spicy.
- I made this pulao with sona masoori rice (raw rice/paccharisi), you can make this pulao with basmathi rice too.
- If you are using basmathi, use 1.5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. For sona massori, use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- If you don’t have ghee, adding butter gives a nice flavor.
- Adding fried onion gives rich taste to pulao.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice like capsicum or cauliflower or beetroot.
Tags: veg pulao, veg pulao recipe, mixed vegetable pulao, mixed vegetable pulao recipe in pressure cooker, pulao recipe in cooker, veg pulao in cooker, how to make vegetable pulao recipe at home, prepare easy veg pulao, easy pulao recipe, spicy vegetable pulao, kids lunch box veg pulao, restaurant style veg pulao,pulao recipe for bacholer