This is my favourite recipe to make eggless carrot walnut cake (no butter). Two weeks back was my MIL birthday, so I baked this beautiful, delicious carrot cake. To surprise my MIL, me and my husband baked this eggless carrot cake. The cake was awesome in taste, soft and moist in texture. Everyone in my family loved it after tasting the cake.
To make eggless carrot walnut cake recipe, you need carrots, flour, spices, oil, yogurt and sugar. I used brown sugar so It added moisture and it makes the cake spongy. I love to bake cake without eggs for that best egg replacer is yogurt. I already posted eggless vanilla cake with yogurt. Try this eggless carrot walnut no butter cake at home and let me know how you liked it.
Check my other Eggless cake recipe
How to make Eggless No Butter Carrot Walnut Cake
Ingredients for Carrot Cake / Eggless Carrot Walnut Cake
Reference : Renu Kitchen Preparation Time & cooking Time : 1 hr Serves : 3
- 1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour (maida)
- 2 Large Carrots, Grated
- 2/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Canola Oil
- Pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp of Milk
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Raisins
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts, Chopped
Method for Carrot Cake / Eggless Carrot Walnut Cake
- Grate the carrots and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 360º F or 182ºC .
- Sieve maida, wheat flour with baking soda and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add oil, milk, yogurt, salt, sugar. Mix well until sugar completely dissolves. Then add numeg powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, give a quick stir.
- Next fold in the grated carrots and wheat flour, maida mixture.
- Whisk it well to form a smooth, creamy batter. The batter should be on thicker side. If your batter is dry, add few more tbsp of milk.
- Throw in 1/4 Cup walnuts and raisin, stir well. Meanwhile grease the baking circular pan with oil and maida. Pour the batter to the greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts at the top. Bake it for 20- 25 mins or until the tooth prick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool on a baking pan for 1 hr before slicing.
- Delicious, moist eggless carrot walnut cake are ready to serve.
- Finally store it in an airtight container, it will stay good for 3 days in refrigerator.
- You can use any cooking oil in place of canola oil.
- Follow the same recipe to make carrot muffins or carrot cupcakes.
- Always use thick yogurt to make this cake.
- Increase or decrease the amount of sugar as per to your taste. For me 2/3 cup is sweet enough.
- Original recipe calls for 1 cup of all purpose flour (maida) But I used 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 maida.
- Walnuts adds a nice crunch and taste. You can also replace with any types of nuts like pecans or brazil nuts or cashews.
Tags: carrot cake, eggless carrot cake, eggless carrot walnut cake, carrot walnut cake recipe, make eggless carrot cake, prepare eggless carrot cake, soft moist carrot cake recipe, eggless no butter carrot cake, easy eggless cake recipe, eggless butterless cake recip, eggless baking.