Knol Kohl Avarampoo Soup Recipe / Diabetes Control Soup
Going beyond blood sugar ? Looking for a soup to control diabetes ??? Here is the diabetic friendly soup – Knol Khol Avarampoo soup recipe. Kohl rabi soup is an awesome soup packed with full of nutrients and fresh flavors. I used two main ingredients. One is Knol kohl is also called kohl rabi / German cabbage. Appearance is almost look like a cross between cabbage and turnip. I usually make kootu, stir fry and sambar with knol kohl. Knol kohl is rich in vitamin A, B, C and dietary fiber. It has anti-cancer and anti-diabetic properties.
The second one is avarampoo also called Cassia auriculata in English, Tangedu in Telugu and Taravar in Hindi.. This flowers are yellow in colour and is widely grown in remote areas. If you cannot find in your place, you can find dried form of avarampoo in ayurvedic medicinal shops (Nattu Marundhu kattai). You can make lot of recipes with avarampoo like kootu, tea, stir fry and soup. Avarampoo has lot of health benefits like it treats skin problems, cure body odour and it controls blood sugar (Diabetes). Both knol kohl and avarampoo are good for circulatory system.
To make knol kohl diabetic friendly soup, you need knol kohl, avarampoo, onion, garlic, tomatoes and spices. Spices added a nice flavor to soup.
Try to include this ayurvedic soup – knolkohl avarampoo soup once a week and it helps to reduce the blood sugar level.
Ingredients for Knol Kohl Avarampoo Soup Recipe
- 3 Knol Kohl, roughly Chopped
- Handful of Small Onion (10 nos)
- Handful of Avarampoo (Fresh or Dried)
- 7 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch of Ginger
- 1 Tomato ( Medium Sized)
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tsp of Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 5 Cups of Water
Method for Knol Kohl Avarampoo Soup Recipe
- Clean and wash the Knol kohl and Avarampoo.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients, grind it to a smooth paste with 1 cup of water.
- Heat a pan, add the remaining water, add ground mixture, let it comes to a rolling boil and then reduce the flame and wait till it reduces to 3 cups of soup.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and turn off the flame.
- Hot, yummy Knol kohl soup is ready to serve.
- If you don’t get Knol Knol, replace it with turnip.
- Don’t omit small onion and garlic, they add a nice taste and medicinal value.
- You can find dried form of avarampoo in nattu marundhu kadai or else you can find lot of these flowers in remote villages.
Tags: knol kohl soup, knol kohl avarampoo soup recipe, avarampoo soup recipe, diabetic friendly soup recipe, siddha treatment to control diabetes, Indian style medicine to control diabetes, soup recipe, health benefits of kohl rabi, health benefits of avarampoo, cassia soup, kohl rabi soup, how to make knol kohl soup recipe.