Turmeric is one of my favorite spice in Indian Cooking because of its color and its amazing health benefits. Turmeric milk (Haldi ka doodh) is an ayurvedic drink to boost your health. It is usually taken at night before going to bed. This turmeric milk treats the lot of ailments like cold, cough, indigestion, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome), crohn’s disease and headaches. Also it fight against various types of cancers and improves blood circulation.
To make turmeric milk, you need milk, turmeric, pepper and palm sugar. Key ingredient in turmeric called cucurmin which has anti-oxidant, anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. Adding black pepper to turmeric spiced food enhances the bioavailability of by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. By mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000 %
With winter and flu season around corner,try this amazing drink – turmeric milk and let me know how it turned out.
Ingredients for Turmeric Milk
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper Powder
- 1/8 Tsp of Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Palm Sugar
Method for Turmeric Milk
- Heat milk in a sauce pan for 5 mins, when it is hot,transfer it to a cup.
- Add turmeric powder, black pepper, cardamom powder and palm sugar. Mix well with a spoon until it get completely dissolved.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- You can use whatever milk. you prefer. If you are vegan, use almond milk or coconut milk.
- Use agave or honey to sweeten. I used palm sugar.
Tags: turmeric milk, turmeric milk recipe for cold and cough, how to make turmeric milk, home remedy for cold and cough, ayurvedic drink
My father takes this milk more often even to prevent cold 🙂
Most happening recipe…lovely
Comments are closed.