Butter Murukku Recipe is one of the simplest murukku recipe which can be made during diwali or krishna jayanthi. I am a big fan of butter murukku, as it was crispy, yet soft and delicious in taste. To make butter murukku, you need store bought rice flour, gram flour, butter, cumin and salt. Butter adds a nice taste and flavor to this murukku. You can use any mould to make this murukku, I used thenkuzhal murukku mould and made into pieces. You can also try star shape mould to get store like butter murukku. If you are a beginner, you can try this easy butter murukku recipe for coming diwali 2014.
Check out other murukku recipes
Ingredients for Easy Butter Murukku Recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins Serves: 4
Method for Easy Butter Murukku Recipe
- Take roasted gram and grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve both the rice flour and fried gram powder together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a microwave for 10 secs.
- In a bowl containing flour, add asafoetida, melted butter, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and water, mix well. Knead it to get a soft, smooth dough.
- Grease the murukku press with oil, on inner wall of the press. Place the dough into murukku press, with thenkuzhal mould at the bottom. You can also use star shape mould.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadai/ shallow pan, when the oil is hot (325 Degree F), press the murukku directly to the oil. Cook the murukku on both sides till “Ssh” sound ceases and they turn golden brown color. Always cook murukku in a medium flame. Once it done, drain it in a paper towel.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough. Store it in a airtight container after it completely cool down.
- Crispy & Tasty butter murukku is ready to enjoy.
- Always cook murukku in a medium flame.
- Adjust salt according to your taste.
- Asafetida and cumin aids in digestion.
- If you are planning to make in larger scale, then cover the dough with wet cloth, otherwise it get dried soon.
- If you don’t have butter, add ghee.
- If you are vegan, add hot oil instead of butter.
- If you don’t have store bought rice flour, you can also make it in your home with raw rice. It involves soaking, air drying and then ground it into a fine flour.
Tags : butter murukku, butter murukku recipe, easy butter murukku recipe, easy murukku recipe,how to make butter murukku at home, prepare murukku with butter, murukku recipes for diwali, festival recipes, butter chakli, krishna butter murukku recipe. diwali snacks recipe