ADHIRASAM RECIPE (அதிரசம்) USING JAGGERY
Adhirasam is a traditional tamil sweet prepared during Diwali. This delicious south Indian delicacy adhirasam recipe is made with homemade rice flour and jaggery. This is my all time favourite sweet and I love to eat grand snacks adhirasam. Making of adhirasam is a long time dream for me. Last two diwali, I tried it in my home it was a big flop. My mom makes best adhirasam so I learnt the secret of making adhirasam from her. The secret of getting perfect adhirasam lies in the usage of homemade rice flour and jaggery syrup consistency. You can also make adhirasam with sugar. Also refer the tips section for more tricks to get perfect soft adhirasam. If you are a beginner, love to eat adhirasam, thinking to try at home. Then do try this diwali special sweet in your home.
How to make soft and crispy Adhirasam
Ingredients for Adhirasam Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 Mins + resting time 1-2 days Cooking Time : 30 mins Serves :9
Method for Adhirasam Recipe
To make rice flour
Preparation of Jaggery
Making of Jaggery Syrup
Making of Adhirasam
- Always use homemade rice flour to get nice adhirasam.
- If adhirasam split while frying, then you had added more jaggery to it.
- Dough should be loose, if it is tight, then you will get hard adhirasam. In that case, add little more milk or jaggery syrup.
- Resting the dough for atleast overnight, is important.
- Get paggu vellam to get soft adhirasam.
- Jaggery syrup consistency is more important, you should get soft ball consistency, if you exceed that stage, then you will get hard adhirasam. If you remove before soft ball consistency, then your adhirasam will get break while frying.
- Always cook in medium low flame for even cooking. Don’t fry it for longer time.
- Some raw rice needs more jaggery syrup, for safer side, always make little more jaggery syrup.
- If your adhirasam is hard, just microwave it for few secs.
- Don’t use store bought rice flour to make adhirasam. Use only homemade flour. Flour should be moist enough to make adhirasam.
- You can use any type of raw rice.
- Colour of adhirasam depends on the colour of jaggery.
Tags : adhirasam, adhirasam recipe, soft and crispy adhirasam recipe, how to make soft adhirasam, prepare adhirasam for diwali, grand snacks adhirasam recipe, diwali sweets, traditional south indian diwali sweets, tamil sweets., adhirasam using jaggery, adhirasam not coming well, adhirasam seivadhu eppadi